Forestieri

The point is, though, does Chansiri know his onions in this particular market? Chansiri wants to get his trembling hands on the £150 million promotion prize money, and losing prize footballing assets isn't the way to go about it. What Chansiri will learn, to his (and our) cost, is that the players hold the power in the modern game. Brian Clough wouldn't have won many European Cups in this day and age with his attitude. I'm not saying what occurs today is right, I'm just saying that it is what it is. If your key player is on £35 000 a week, it's probably not a good idea to pay a centre half £25 000 a week unless you're prepared to give the former a pay rise.

36 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Let's be fair here...the lads pretty much made his position at the club untenable. 

Even if he was "rehabilitated" they'll still be a huge mark against him and frankly you'd still expect him to leave sooner rather than later. 

Can't argue with that, but i would still make sure he is put through the mill for a while and have to suffer the consequences of his actions, both because he deserves to & also to deter any others in the future.

If at some stage we decide to move him on, it will be on our terms not his or his agent's and when it suits us not them.

If in the meantime if we get game time out of him then so be it, he won't be able to sulk as he would be in the shop window if still looking for his move.

If things blow over after a time, then people have short memories & things move on.

Either way, better than giving him what he supposedly wants immediately, which clearly DC has no intention of doing anyway.

3 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Can't argue with that, but i would still make sure he is put through the mill for a while and have to suffer the consequences of his actions, both because he deserves to & also to deter any others in the future.

If at some stage we decide to move him on, it will be on our terms not his or his agent's and when it suits us not them.

If in the meantime if we get game time out of him then so be it, he won't be able to sulk as he would be in the shop window if still looking for his move.

If things blow over after a time, then people have short memories & things move on.

Either way, better than giving him what he supposedly wants immediately, which clearly DC has no intention of doing anyway.

Can't see him getting any game time mate, particularly at Hillsborough the atmosphere would be poisonous everytime he touched the ball 

1 minute ago, modboy said:

Bet he's not the first that's refused to play. As sky said many players are more cunning and use injuries as cover for refusing to play. 

Could have said he fell off his bike. 

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

The point is, though, does Chansiri know his onions in this particular market? Chansiri wants to get his trembling hands on the £150 million promotion prize money, and losing prize footballing assets isn't the way to go about it. What Chansiri will learn, to his (and our) cost, is that the players hold the power in the modern game. Brian Clough wouldn't have won many European Cups in this day and age with his attitude. I'm not saying what occurs today is right, I'm just saying that it is what it is. If your key player is on £35 000 a week, it's probably not a good idea to pay a centre half £25 000 a week unless you're prepared to give the former a pay rise.

I don't see Chansiri's trembling hands as you put it, if we do achieve promotion he'll have to dig deep and to suggest he'll make £150 million is misleading. As for Lees he IS a key player! I don't get your point about someone on 35k needing a raise because another key player is paid 25k, doesn't make sense.

12 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Or in my case a week's worth of being ridiculed for it... oh look, it wasn't unfounded codswallop after all lol

The next 48 hours determines FF's Wednesday career. If he apologises, accepts he was massively in the wrong and stop trying to get to other clubs, then it'll be fine. Probably be able to sign a new contract in 6 months... certainly not in the next couple of weeks, you can't reward what he's done. If he doesn't then he's off and we're going to make about a £10 million transfer profit on him (Not including wages for the last year). 

Swings and roundabouts innit 

Yes student I was one of them who hounded you for been paranoid, a blade etc, unfortunately you was right lad......

1 minute ago, Coyt said:

Yes student I was one of them who hounded you for been paranoid, a blade etc, unfortunately you was right lad......

Trust me, I wish I was dead wrong  and genuinely don't want any recognition for it. The first line in my post is more me pointing out that on Owlstalk you can rarely go against the grain and discuss owt without it descending into "no... fúck off"

We'll just have to see how this plays out, but I'm realistic. What do we reckon, maybe about 10% of players in this scenario end up working things out and staying at their club? Will we be that 1 in 10? We'll see. I know we've only heard one side of this story, but it's still near unthinkable what FF's done. I said "I thought he looked a little out of sorts" last week and even then I was thinking perhaps it was a bit much... never in a million years would I have believed it was "He'll refuse to play for us in his next competitive fixture". Thought he was better than that.