Forestieri

5 minutes ago, fife_owl said:

If he's not happy, why not bang in a transfer request and carry on playing?

When a player hands in a transfer request it usually meant they had to forgore the rest of their contracts and and all the little extras that came with the contract.

If we sell without him handing a request in, he should be entitled to the rest of his contract, which comes out of the transfer fee.

IF DC is adament we are NOT selling FF or ANY player then unless a silly offer comes in eg 15 million from the likes of Newcastle, then it looks like FF has been poorly advised and he's droped a reyt gonad. I just can't see the benefit to the club in letting him sweat it out with the kids and not agreeing to sell him. Does a buisness man allow 9 million pounds to sit in the reserves?

The were not selling ANY player statement is a strange one too, what about Dielna, Bus, Mcguagan?

Has all this "were not selling ANYONE" been taken too literally?

Edited by marshy

Basically FF either needs to apologise and play for us, or he needs to hand in a transfer request

Anything else and he's scúm as far as I'm concerned. Still plenty of time and opportunity to rectify this situation, but keeping himself, the club and his teammates in limbo like this isn't acceptable. 

2 minutes ago, SouthStandParty said:

I must admit, I'd be on a bit of a downer on £22,000 a week.

Mmmmm......careful mate. Don't make light of something if you don't fully understand it. Depression doesn't care who you are...........

I doubt it would be depression, im sure the medical staff are capable of pinging the warning signs early on.

One thing for certain, FF is learning about Consequence of Actions the hard way.

For those going into vile diatribe toward him.......

"If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you're allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind"

I've calmed down since yesterday, if it can be sorted then sort it. Cutting people loose because they've made critical errors in judgement is to relinquish yourself of responsibility.

5 minutes ago, fife_owl said:

If he's not happy, why not bang in a transfer request and carry on playing?

Looks like his agent has heard Chansiri and carlos say we are selling no one so he thinks a transfer request would just have been rejected and it would have stayed private

This way it's become public to all clubs that he wants to leave and they are hoping the club will be willing to sell, as FF is being difficult

Unfortunately for them Carlos has made them look pretty stupid now. I'd love to have seen FF's face watching Carlos's interviews yesterday 

:manager:

1 minute ago, marshy said:

IF DC is adament we are NOT selling FF or ANY player then unless a silly offer comes in eg 15 million from the likes of Newcastle, then it looks like FF has been poorly advised and he's droped a reyt gonad. I just can't see the benefit to the club in letting him sweat it out with the kids and not agreeing to sell him. Does a buisness man allow 9 million pounds to sit in the reserves?

The were not selling ANY player statement is a strange one too, what about Dielna, Bus, Mcguagan?

Has all this "were not selling ANYONE" been taken to literally?

I think that DC will not sell anyone Carlos wants to keep.

i can't see FF ever playing for us again now, the club should sell - but NOT to a championship club unless the money is really silly.

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Basically FF either needs to apologise and play for us, or he needs to hand in a transfer request

Anything else and he's scúm as far as I'm concerned. Still plenty of time and opportunity to rectify this situation, but keeping himself, the club and his teammates in limbo like this isn't acceptable. 

It's an unwanted distraction. 

Wanting out is one thing - refusing to play is a completely different matter. 

As I said earlier: position is all but untenable. 

Don't like saying that either. 

1 minute ago, marshy said:

Has all this "were not selling ANYONE" been taken to literally?

To make a point to anyone else, and to any other clubs or agents that fancy trying the same thing. 

Perhaps we should have McCabe at the helm. He'd sell!!

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Trust me, I wish I was dead wrong  and genuinely don't want any recognition for it. The first line in my post is more me pointing out that on Owlstalk you can rarely go against the grain and discuss owt without it descending into "no... fúck off"

We'll just have to see how this plays out, but I'm realistic. What do we reckon, maybe about 10% of players in this scenario end up working things out and staying at their club? Will we be that 1 in 10? We'll see. I know we've only heard one side of this story, but it's still near unthinkable what FF's done. I said "I thought he looked a little out of sorts" last week and even then I was thinking perhaps it was a bit much... never in a million years would I have believed it was "He'll refuse to play for us in his next competitive fixture". Thought he was better than that.

Worst is he was supposedly persuaded to play by Loovens last week and then pulls this stunt. For what it's worth I think he's well and truly burnt his bridges with SWFC. As I said in another thread he's been an absolute joy to watch and is without doubt one of the most talented individuals we've had at Hillsborough for some time, however, personally, I hope I never see him in a Wednesday shirt again.

5 minutes ago, marshy said:

Has all this "were not selling ANYONE" been taken too literally?

They mean we arnt selling anyone who we still want FFS

Just now, SiJ said:

It's an unwanted distraction. 

Wanting out is one thing - refusing to play is a completely different matter. 

As I said earlier: position is all but untenable. 

Don't like saying that either. 

It isn't untenable if he tries. He's missed one game, didn't want to play another but, and to a certain extent to his credit, he played it and won it for us. 

He's missed one game, and again to his credit to a certain extent, he didn't BS to Carlos and say he had a niggling injury ala other players, he came out and said he didn't want to play because his head wasn't right due to interest etc. If he says he wants to stay, backs down from this contract thing for a few months, makes an unreserved apology and then probably accepts that his next few appearances will be from the subs bench (where of course, he would have to face THAT crowd at Hillsborough) and works hard, then all will be forgiven by the vast vast vast majority I'm certain. If he does a quick turnaround on this thing, it's fixable. 

However, I reckon if by the end of Monday he doesn't apologise, he's off, and as I say should be considered with utter contempt. As for it being a distraction, even if he turns around and begs for forgiveness this afternoon, he ain't playing for the Burton game, and he needs to get fined a week's wages at least for refusing to play and wasting coaches time by training for 5 days without mentioning owt. 

I'm not suggesting that Chansiri will make £150 million profit, but it would be £150 million coming in rather than money going out. The idea that any given player's wage has no impact on the rest of the dressing room, at least in the modern game, is ludicrous. Forestieri is (or was) our star player, and is coveted by other clubs who'll pay him more money than we will. He's also got an agent saying to him that if £25 000 a week is the yardstick for a centre half, then he should be earning a lot more than he is. "It goes to prove, Nando, that if they want to keep a player they're prepared to up his wages. Yet they're not prepared to up yours...". Nuff said. Like I said earlier, I'm not condoning it, I'm just saying that's how it is. None of these players a worth it. They have an ascribed value. They are the tools (and I use the words advisedly) we need to get to the PL. It's a bit like discovering that there's crude oil under ground. That old drilling rig, which previously was worth a few thousand quid in scrap, is suddenly priceless.

2014, so he's done two seasons on a poo poo contract. Improved his rep and outshone Turner and loovens last season, if he was attracting bids throughout last year HE  could have played Billy big testicles and demanded a new contract, but he didn't, so we've now rewarded his improvement and his loyalty.

We paid an arse load twelve month ago fer'nando, and paid him good money, but he's played well as expected as paid for, he's not had done break out SHOULD BE IN THE PREM season.

But, yes I know how it actually works. Sadly