Forestieri

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

TBF Glenn had to talk him into playing last week. 

Quite unbelievable really. 

Can't recall the club ever having to deal with a situation like this before? 

Come to think of it when was the last time a player went on strike?

Tevez?

Di Canio

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

TBF Glenn had to talk him into playing last week. 

Quite unbelievable really. 

Can't recall the club ever having to deal with a situation like this before? 

Come to think of it when was the last time a player went on strike?

Tevez?

How old r u ?

3 minutes ago, Howl38 said:

How old r u ?

What does that have to do with anything? 

I'm asking for people to name other examples of players going on strike. 

I'm old enough to not type in text speak. 

49 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Thats not how it happens.

His agent has been discussing with other clubs for weeks and already has dollar figures lined up

I remember reading one of the secretfootballer pieces about agents. He described how an agent, not his, had fully arranged a transfer for him then approached his agent with it asking for a slice of the fee. The first the player knew about it was when the buying clubs manager phoned him up telling him how he was looking forward to him arriving at the club.

This, unfortunately, is just a typical example of a modern day footballers mindset.

Its a pumped-up, pimped-up version of the old trades unions cussedness about wage differentials. In other words, it's not how well you are paid for your work, it's how you are paid compared to your colleagues.

Years ago, the company I worked for had an MD who was a big Blunts supporter.

He decided to give a 'promotional work' contract to the then Blunts skipper.

This guy was utterly obsessed by getting a car for the work he was doing with us, because a few of his team mates had 'deals' elsewhere. The fine details of the car were also hugely important to him, just so he could be one-up on his team mates.

The point that he could easily afford to buy the same car out of his loose change was irrelevant. To him, it was all about being seen by his peer group to be valued highly; the actual bottom line figure didn't matter as such.

It was all about comparative valuation.

Footballers live in a bubble, populated by a peer group who constantly require endorsement and reinforcement of their egos, and surrounded by hangers-on who are often only concerned with their own wallets.

39 minutes ago, modboy said:

but he was a major factor that got us there.

Im not convinced he is PL quality but unfortunately we will probably find out 

Interesting you should say that. Read a article  last year about top championship  strikers who are thought not good enough for the premiership. Amongst them were Forestieri and Rhodes.

33 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Which side should I expect our ruthlessly successful multi-millionaire businessman owner not to have?

Has anyone discovered what success he's had in the business world yet? Not knocking him- I've just not seen anything with regards to his background. 

So. Folks are tweeting abuse to who they think is FF agent. And it isn't his agent. 

And no doubt sending abuse to FF. 

You couldn't make this up. No one knows the full details but are quick to go on social media throwing accusation S and abuse around.

Bet this is the last time Carlos speaks so honestly about his players.

Things have gotten silly.

From what we know and are assuming, FF and his agent, combined with under hand dealings by certain people in other football clubs (feeding the press), OUR player is now a ticking time bomb. He is deflating our otherwise excellent team spirit and is  proven himself not to be fully committed to our cause. It certainly looks like his "gripe" is over others earning more than he does. Nothing wrong with looking after your own interests, but it is how this is done, that is important. You cannot simply take your ball home. You must realise that your own fortune is interconnected with others, and sometimes you have to be patient and not just demand what others are getting. Your own time will come, provided you continue to do your part well.

FF has been with us 12 months and scored 15 league goals (and created some) that to me is a reasonable return, not a fantastic return. There is no doubt he would have scored 20 this current season, provided he stayed focussed. But he has not yet scored those goals. He would be in a far stronger position had he already got those 20 goals under his belt, in one season. He (and his agent) are being greedy and premature. Its a reflection of modern life and the " I want it and I want it now at all costs" attitude and sod everyone else !

He is now a Di Canio and a bad apple character in the dressing room and within the club. He is already deviding the fans opinion. How can he come back from this position, with self respect in tact. DC and CC have to show strength, or all their hard work over the last 12 months or so, goes down the drain. Is keeping FF worth losing that progress and perhaps more. This is now a massive issue for the club and its immediate future prospects are far as promotion is concerned. It has to be handled quickly, with executive skill and diplomacy.

Imagine what transfer targets/agents will think about our club, if this is not the case. People want to see a fair and even handed approach taken, with appropriate discipline actions fitting the crime. What purpose will be served by making FF train with the youngsters, sit in the stands on match day whilst constantly carpping to whoever will listen to him.

Would it not make sense to get rid of him, sooner rather than later. Or make a deal with him to transfer him come January, providing he has played ball and done his bit. It might give him time to reconsider his actions. If he has scored 10+ league goals at that point, then perhaps he deserves a new contract offer. Also gives Wednesday time to find a replacement. Whichever happens, FF's time with our club is coming to an end, bar a miracle, because he has dealt with his issues in a totally unprofessional way.

7 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

From what we know and are assuming, FF and his agent, combined with under hand dealings by certain people in other football clubs (feeding the press), OUR player is now a ticking time bomb. He is deflating our otherwise excellent team spirit and is  proven himself not to be fully committed to our cause. It certainly looks like his "gripe" is over others earning more than he does. Nothing wrong with looking after your own interests, but it is how this is done, that is important. You cannot simply take your ball home. You must realise that your own fortune is interconnected with others, and sometimes you have to be patient and not just demand what others are getting. Your own time will come, provided you continue to do your part well.

FF has been with us 12 months and scored 15 league goals (and created some) that to me is a reasonable return, not a fantastic return. There is no doubt he would have scored 20 this current season, provided he stayed focussed. But he has not yet scored those goals. He would be in a far stronger position had he already got those 20 goals under his belt, in one season. He (and his agent) are being greedy and premature. Its a reflection of modern life and the " I want it and I want it now at all costs" attitude and sod everyone else !

He is now a Di Canio and a bad apple character in the dressing room and within the club. He is already deviding the fans opinion. How can he come back from this position, with self respect in tact. DC and CC have to show strength, or all their hard work over the last 12 months or so, goes down the drain. Is keeping FF worth losing that progress and perhaps more. This is now a massive issue for the club and its immediate future prospects are far as promotion is concerned. It has to be handled quickly, with executive skill and diplomacy.

Imagine what transfer targets/agents will think about our club, if this is not the case. People want to see a fair and even handed approach taken, with appropriate discipline actions fitting the crime. What purpose will be served by making FF train with the youngsters, sit in the stands on match day whilst constantly carpping to whoever will listen to him.

Would it not make sense to get rid of him, sooner rather than later. Or make a deal with him to transfer him come January, providing he has played ball and done his bit. It might give him time to reconsider his actions. If he has scored 10+ league goals at that point, then perhaps he deserves a new contract offer. Also gives Wednesday time to find a replacement. Whichever happens, FF's time with our club is coming to an end, bar a miracle, because he has dealt with his issues in a totally unprofessional way.

As iv said to someone else's post already mate I honestly can't see him making another appearance for us, can you just imagine, particularly at Hillsborough, when the team sheet is read out and he is mentioned the atmosphere will be very tense, and then every touch of the ball greeted by jeers. Him and his agent have caused the end of his SWFC career. 

8 minutes ago, Coyt said:

As iv said to someone else's post already mate I honestly can't see him making another appearance for us, can you just imagine, particularly at Hillsborough, when the team sheet is read out and he is mentioned the atmosphere will be very tense, and then every touch of the ball greeted by jeers. Him and his agent have caused the end of his SWFC career. 

And then when he scores they will change their tune back again 

5 minutes ago, Coyt said:

Not sure if your right there, if he decided to stay I'm sure the club would go on a Public Relations trip and (not very scientific) there is a twitter poll running at 70% in favour of FF playing again for us.

Deep down I wouldn't think many Wednesday fans would really want to see him leave.  

12 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I'm not at all convinced we are a better team with him in it.

He is a better player than most, but not a team player. As he proved this afternoon.

Fletch will replace his goals, and Hooper will far exceed his 15.

its funny how distorted things become when a player kicks off.

Hes been a superb team player and he makes all the difference, we keep it tight, keep the ball and let him terrorise them. Without him we lose a key dimension to our game and we will need to think of a replacement by the way things are going 

54 minutes ago, WezOwl1989 said:

I hope he stays and signs a new deal, but ..... I think people are over rating him abit, he's a skill full player but 15 goals in a season isn't amazing? There's players in the championship every year who get 25+ and there fans + clubs don't want or get £20m , £10m or a little less is what he's worth I think... 

Not just about his goals though is it?

14 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Not sure if your right there, if he decided to stay I'm sure the club would go on a Public Relations trip and (not very scientific) there is a twitter poll running at 70% in favour of FF playing again for us.

Deep down I wouldn't think many Wednesday fans would really want to see him leave.  

Don't get me wrong mate he's a fantastic player, and yes i certainly think without him in the team we possibly look less threatening but how can the club let a player basically throw a strop and disrespect them just to say O well everything's all forgiven now. I know we all have different views and opinions, myself personally I believe he's sniffed the money elsewhere and has shown his true colours.