Rival watch

2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

It's our 150th, so ideally we want promotion ourselves. Failing that, we don't want the Blades or Leeds to go up on our anniversary. I'm old enough to remember 1990, as many are here. We can't do anything about the Blades, and I guess it was always going to happen sooner or later. But if we can't get in the play-offs (or win them even if we do), then ideally we want teams in there who'll do for Leeds. We know that 'Udders could, so whom would we prefer to take our place? Derby or Fulham? Derby have better players than Fulham, but I'm not sure what their record against Leeds is.

As for today, it's Carlos' last hurrah. Newcastle will play a style which will allow him to play his football, so it's probably the last chance he'll get to shine at Hillsborough as our manager.

What a flipping stupid question

lol

Some people seem to be struggling to accept reality.

Not even making the play offs, after investing so many millions in the squad, on our historic anniversary is pretty awful.

Combine it with a Blunts as champions promotion, and Weeds and Huddersfield comfortably in the play offs with massively less outlay, then it's clear why DC is looking at his options.

Time to save your job Carlos. Batter the fat Spanish waiter and make us proud.

Edited by Mr Farrell

Just read this regarding Monk at Leeds, still no new contract for him.

I think he could be off to a prem club if Leeds don't succeed this season.

It’s been a hot topic over the last couple of months and there is no wonder why. Garry Monk and the contract that isn’t forthcoming as of yet. Last night Radrizzani hailed the win and performance before saying plans and talks can “wait till June”.

Reading through the comments it’s fair to say they were a mixed bag. Some fans agreed we should concentrate on the last five games only, sort Monk and his staff out in the summer and others would rather see it done right away. I can see both points but I’d rather it was done by now. Given where we are and the tight schedule in the last month of the season Monk would probably rather be on the training pitch rather than contract negotiations but at the same time did it really need to wait until now? Not for me it didn’t.

It is yet another example of the football clubs lack of organisation and planning. No matter what happens between now and the end of the season Garry Monk is the man to take us forward and we now risk the chance of him having some very good offers given the success he’s had at Leeds United. Radrizzani said when he came in he was keen on Monk staying and that Monk saw it as a long term plan, that they would sit down before the end of the season and get it sorted but no surprise the club hasn’t managed to do that. Monk was asked the other day and said he hadn’t had an offer and the club would need to be asked. Very frustrating.

The club both on and off the park has made huge strides this season but have failed to tie down Monk when he is clearly the way forward. This has been happening season after season for too long and although Monk will probably stay if he is backed it just puts us at ease to see deals over the line. For now we need to back the side for the remaining five games and hopefully at least two more. After that we can cross our fingers and hope the Monk deal is sorted as soon as possible.