Rival watch

Anyone saying Reading is secure with 6 pt cushion and 4 matches to go has clearly not seen the Championship throughout the season. Lose 2 games and they're back in the fight for play offs place. Yes, they've got both Burton and Rotherham left; but Forest and Wigan might upset them... and who knows what Burton could come up with. Rotherham are just gone...

Either Norwich, Wolves or Wigan could upset Leeds, and similarly Fulham could slip up against Huddersfield or Brentford, or even Villa if they ever decide to shape up... hopefully after tonight's cold shower v Reading they come prepared on Monday.

And we might slip up just as easily; QPR away is no easy fight; we ought to beat Derby at home but again Ipswich away is another of those away days I hate. And of course, Fulham on the final match day; which I would rather avoid it going to but if we have to, we at least have one last chance to sort it out. 

There's no easy game as yesterday proved. I think every point gained by any of the Top 7 between now and the end of the season is hard earned. I still think we'll handle the pressure better than the rest having been in this position before.

There's no easy game as yesterday proved. I think every point gained by any of the Top 7 between now and the end of the season is hard earned. I still think we'll handle the pressure better than the rest having been in this position before.

This, plus it's nice to know we do have a two point cushion. Fulham could easily drop points in any of their remaining matches. It's not that long since they failed to beat Blackburn and Wolves, both at home, when the pressure was on. 

Forest and Burton are both 2 pts clear of the drop, Wigan are below the line... anyone writing any of these teams off vs our opponents the final 4 matches are just dumb... facing relegation you can pull out some extra performances to get those crucial points. Wolves and QPR are just stuck in lower, mid table obscurity; more or less mathematically safe because 5-6 teams below them won't all win/lose enough to throw away a 8/7pt cushion respectively.