Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Come on Fulham!

 

Would be nice for the promotion faves to drop points tonight :manager:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gazzamk2 said:

Come on Fulham!

 

Would be nice for the promotion faves to drop points tonight :manager:

We all know the championship can be a funny league and can throw up some odd results. Newcastle look favourites to win the league and fulham look like they've got relegation written all over them. For this reason im going to say fulham win

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tommo_SWFC said:

Newcastle will be in for a shock tonight.

 

 

Can still see Benitez underestimating the division

 

People keep saying that. Really isn't the case. Fulham underestimated it. Magath let too many senior players go at that time, and thought McCormack + youth would be enough. Newcastle have invested heavily in proven performers. No underestimation there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure Newcastle are a team. Some great players at this level but if they don't play as a team they could be very inconsistent.

 

Having an a**wipe as an owner can't help matters.

 

Personally I hope they have a bad season. I like the fans but the club has been a car crash for years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

 

People keep saying that. Really isn't the case. Fulham underestimated it. Magath let too many senior players go at that time, and thought McCormack + youth would be enough. Newcastle have invested heavily in proven performers. No underestimation there. 

 

The crux about buying high end Championship players is the potential promotion. Considering Benitez has spent over the odds for most of the players, will those same players play up to the price tag in the Premier League?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tommo_SWFC said:

 

The crux about buying high end Championship players is the potential promotion. Considering Benitez has spent over the odds for most of the players, will those same players play up to the price tag in the Premier League?

 

In most cases, yes I think so. Mo Diamé did well up there with West Ham. Ritchie didn't look out of place at Bournemouth in their first prem season. Hanley is maturing as a centre-half - so is Clark. Wasn't Gayle Palace's top scorer despite limited game time? I think they've bought players capable in either league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...