Rival watch

The problem isn't the players, it's the management. With the squad we have, and no parachute team in there, we should all be very confident. But Carlos' Wednesday is stale an predictable...unless the opposition let us play. Colin and McCarthy won't.

26 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Are Reading trying to become first team to ever get promoted with negative goal difference?

Its about winning - W25 L21 will get you in the playoffs - draws are a waste of time.

57 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

Alan Irvine seems to have turned Norwich around.

It's getting messy, the chasing pack are catching us up.

He got off to a food start with us then it went pear shaped pretty quickly

It's our 150th, so ideally we want promotion ourselves. Failing that, we don't want the Blades or Leeds to go up on our anniversary. I'm old enough to remember 1990, as many are here. We can't do anything about the Blades, and I guess it was always going to happen sooner or later. But if we can't get in the play-offs (or win them even if we do), then ideally we want teams in there who'll do for Leeds. We know that 'Udders could, so whom would we prefer to take our place? Derby or Fulham? Derby have better players than Fulham, but I'm not sure what their record against Leeds is.

As for today, it's Carlos' last hurrah. Newcastle will play a style which will allow him to play his football, so it's probably the last chance he'll get to shine at Hillsborough as our manager.