Ross McCormack - Bid Made £11.5 Million

5 hours ago, sparehead3 said:

I keep hearing DC is ambitous,  and I can't help thinking ambitious for what, making more money would be my guess, but I supose that would mean getting us to the promised land (aka Premier whatever it's called these days.) I just hope sales of tuna don't increase, otherwise he'll have no interest

The sales of tuna are fairly sky high.

DC runs a real estate business. A bit like McCabe 

2 hours ago, daleblue said:

Maybe its a ruse by the club to make Fletcher sign or we forget you?

I think there is a strong probability that DC is already a very shrewd negotiator in the loan and transfer market. The value and quality he found for us last season was remarkable, and he was a complete novice!

I'm a bit mixed in my feelings with regards to the possibility of this. McCormack is one of the best strikers at this level, granted. £11M+? Speculate to accumulate is something we're all aware that the club has to do to get to where they want to go. 

In signing McCormack the pay off has to be promotion to get anything back on the deal. There would be no sell on value, so financially it's a massive gamble. Personally I would use the money to bring in an all round target man to get the best out of Hooper and someone with a physical presence in midfield as they are areas where we are a little short on quality but when all is said and done, it's great to be seemingly in a position where we can push the boat out on quality players?

6 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

I think Hooper will be the makeweight that could seal this deal. Fulham have just lost Dembele for peanuts. 

We don't need a Hooper if we have Mccormack IMO. 8M plus Hooper and then play a front 3 of Joao with Ff and RM playing off him.

Bannan,  Melo / new midfield beast (has to be tall) and Lee behind with a pacey 6ft winger on sidelines ready to come on and open it up. 

New, quick LB and Hutch, Lees, Hunt, Westwood at back.  HMS PTL sets sail!

If it meant losing Hooper to get McCormack, I'd be content with that

2 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I'm a bit mixed in my feelings with regards to the possibility of this. McCormack is one of the best strikers at this level, granted. £11M+? Speculate to accumulate is something we're all aware that the club has to do to get to where they want to go. 

In signing McCormack the pay off has to be promotion to get anything back on the deal. There would be no sell on value, so financially it's a massive gamble. Personally I would use the money to bring in an all round target man to get the best out of Hooper and someone with a physical presence in midfield as they are areas where we are a little short on quality but when all is said and done, it's great to be seemingly in a position where we can push the boat out on quality players?

if you going for promotion then you want to sign the best you can and theres none better than mccormack in this division....... doesnt matter what something costs , it you want it and can afford it then you buy it .chansiri as come here to get to the prem asap he knows the only way he can make money is to do that and spending 11 million would be chicken feed if mccormack helps us do that ......gerrim signed 

8 hours ago, camffiti said:

I don't know how realistic this link is, but ... 

iirc, this time last year, we wouldn't push the boat out to £8mil, for Andre Gray

The goals of Gray, in place of Nuhiu, probably would have sealed promotion for us 

Didnt Bristol City bid more than 8 for Andre Gray?

If we've got this level of funds available it would be better spent  Matt Ritchie imo. 

We're crying out for wingers not strikers. 

Certainly not 30 year old strikers with limited PL experience 

Edited by Otto_Man

5 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Insane money for a 30 year old.

its insane money if he turns out to be a dud but if he gets his usual 20 plus goals and fires us to promotion and 170 million that will bring then he's worth a punt .....big clubs dont feck about worrying if they have got value for money ,they pay the going rate thats why they are usually succesful .

9 hours ago, sparehead3 said:

I wouldn't complain if they bought him, he's a proven player at this level, and at a club like Wednesday, who are on there way up( to the prem, either this season or next) I still can't help thinking we're spunking all our money on one player, when we need three or four aditions. But I suppose we can rely on free transfers  and season long loans for the rest we need. 

P.S     If i spelt Aditians wrong ring the spelling police

Not only did you spell additions incorrectly, you managed to spell it incorrectly in two different ways!

Anyone got any idea what sort of wages McCormack is on at Fulham? I'd imagine they'd be pretty hefty!?

If we were to sign him it would show DC is prepared to not only lay out a huge fee, but is also prepared to start paying the big bucks in salaries.... could be exciting times!

People really think it's mad? The lad is a consistent striker in the championship. Stop thinking about him in the premiership. He might be sold if we get promoted. Look at Jordan Rhodes for example. Rumours he is being sold on. They paid 9 million in January. Got to look at the short term goal before the big time. For me it's a must to sign him. Drop forestieri back in to midfield where he scored most of his goals.

A lot being said about the fee being a crazy amount of money etc etc. 

The headline figure's probably what the fee could amount to, rather than what we'll initially lay out, with adds on such as promotion, goals scored etc. bumping the fee up closer to the quoted mark.

Andre Grey was widely reported to have moved to Burnley for £9m, but turned out the initial fee was closer to just £6m...