Ross McCormack - Bid Made £11.5 Million

I think Hooper will be the makeweight that could seal this deal. Fulham have just lost Dembele for peanuts. 

We don't need a Hooper if we have Mccormack IMO. 8M plus Hooper and then play a front 3 of Joao with Ff and RM playing off him.

Bannan,  Melo / new midfield beast (has to be tall) and Lee behind with a pacey 6ft winger on sidelines ready to come on and open it up. 

New, quick LB and Hutch, Lees, Hunt, Westwood at back.  HMS PTL sets sail!

3 minutes ago, sparehead3 said:

I keep hearing DC is ambitous,  and I can't help thinking ambitious for what, making more money would be my guess, but I supose that would mean getting us to the promised land (aka Premier whatever it's called these days.) I just hope sales of tuna don't increase, otherwise he'll have no interest

just what we need another nobhead poster.

5 minutes ago, sparehead3 said:

I keep hearing DC is ambitous,  and I can't help thinking ambitious for what, making more money would be my guess, but I supose that would mean getting us to the promised land (aka Premier whatever it's called these days.) I just hope sales of tuna don't increase, otherwise he'll have no interest

Slight smell of pork there. 

Guest Hirstpower

Maybe he's now Wednesday through and through and doesn't mind chucking his money in to the club, just like me for over 30 years. :ghoulguy:

5 hours ago, camffiti said:

I don't know how realistic this link is, but ... 

iirc, this time last year, we wouldn't push the boat out to £8mil, for Andre Gray

The goals of Gray, in place of Nuhiu, probably would have sealed promotion for us 

Perhaps a lesson has been learned ?

2 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

If we've bid 11.5, it makes me wonder what we will be getting for Lees from Burnley.

Nothing because if we pull this signing off I genuinely don't see any of our players leaving due to the signing being such a statement of intent.

1 minute ago, damianb1 said:

Nothing because if we pull this signing off I genuinely don't see any of our players leaving due to the signing being such a statement of intent.

I sincerely hope your right but the pessimist within me thinks we might have a CB replacement lined up and money towards the fee for McCormack.

16 minutes ago, damianb1 said:

This ^

Our current players will be excited and will want to stay and it could make other potential signings want to sign for us.

Plus Hanley seems to me more like a partner for Lees rather than a replacement?

7 hours ago, sparehead3 said:

I wouldn't complain if they bought him, he's a proven player at this level, and at a club like Wednesday, who are on there way up( to the prem, either this season or next) I still can't help thinking we're spunking all our money on one player, when we need three or four aditions. But I suppose we can rely on free transfers  and season long loans for the rest we need. 

P.S     If i spelt Aditians wrong ring the spelling police

It's adishons fffs 

7 hours ago, Dave DJ said:

For Petes sake it's additions!! Haven't you got autocorrect! It's the bain of most people's lives but I'd rather have that than spell it wrong twice! 

shame you dont use it .....it's bane  not bain ....thats french for bath .

7 hours ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

A front three of Forestieri, Hooper and McCormack would scare the rest of the League to death.

They've got everything at this level. If we keep our key players and bring in quality like McCormack

then we really could push into the top two this season. The thing that excites me most about a potential

front three of Forestieri, Hooper and McCormack, is the work ethic and creativity, as well as the goals they possess.

Chansiri means business and Carlos as unfinished business, 

watch out the rest of the Championship the famous old Wednesday really are on their way back.

Would be awesome. But I think we still need someone a bit more physical to mix it up. Someone who can head a cross!