Ross McCormack - Bid Made £11.5 Million

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

he's part of the squad and an important one at that .he'd get game time then its up to him to make himself undroppable .

Agreed. But the idea that we could just send him to Fulham is an odd one. I don't think he'd necessarily fancy that move at present 

My view is, sod it just go for it.

If he comes in and we get promoted then £11.5m is nothing.

and although Wembley was a disappointment in terms of results, I've never been more proud of our fans, the atmosphere in all playoff games was incredible and the players have given us the best season in a long time, but after 16 years I've had enough of Championship, we deserve to be in Premiership and with the owners, management, coaching staff and fans I think we could flourish in premier league.

Why are people saying it's all of our budget, the 13 million is losses allowed per season over 3. We may have spent roughly this last season but nobody knows how much we made, we sponsor ourselves for a start. after last seasons exploits the revenue gained from play off ticket sales and the fact the three matches were on sky we should have pocketed a few bob plus nearly 20k in season ticket sales, add football league money, more tv rights and sponsorship deals for this year and the McCormack deal could be paid for from last years revenue without affecting this years budget

The only issue with mccormack is age for me, hes knocking on BUT for 11m he all but gurentees 20 goals and chips in with asissts too. He genuinely frightens defences, would be a serious asset IMO. 11M isnt a great deal when you factor in the fact you're guarenteed 90m if we reach the prem.

Would love to see someone so prolific at the club, but yes there is a but. How would this effect us with the financial fair play where are we finding £11.5m?

Season ticket 20,000 at around average of 400 (guessing here) is £8mil

TV not sure??

Sure someone knows more on the financial front than me just don't want to be in a situation signing 3-4 players and it biting us in the arse.

25 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

How much money have we put in the bank with the 2 play-off semis, the final & ST's so far? Half of this transfer fee? Maybe more? It's like buying a house with a 50% deposit. No brainer. Proven goalscorer & a vast return on the outlay when we go up.

Steady on mate, that's bit too much sense in one post  ;0)

12 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Still both bigger clubs though, surely?!

man utd certainly but nothing like the difference today ...liverpool were in a poor state in the late 50s early 60s there ground was decrepid they were continually playing 2nd fiddle to everton and had been knocked out the cup by worcester things changed a lot when shankley took over and he convinced the board to start spending .

Guest Wonder Spaniel
34 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

How much money have we put in the bank with the 2 play-off semis, the final & ST's so far? Half of this transfer fee? Maybe more? It's like buying a house with a 50% deposit. No brainer. Proven goalscorer & a vast return on the outlay when we go up.

Do we know what split we got from these games? In some of the previous years there was an agreement that the losing side got the majority of the gate receipts from Wembley as the promoted side would do nicely  out of Prem money. I can't recall hearing anything about this for our play off final? Just curious, as it would obviously make a difference to our budget. 

We all know how ambitious DC is ,and how desperate he is to get us back to the Prem . This bloke is seriously wealthy , AND there is the family business lurking in the background. I really dont think money is an issue for him , i think its more a case of working out how to find a way around FFP , which im sure he will. 

12 hours ago, Hirstpower said:

people really don't know how ambitious DC is.

i keep hearing there is no way we will blow the whole budget on one player.

We have more money than people believe and all I'll say is exciting times with the 2 most prolific goal scorers in the league.

a top winger and I think we will compete with the Geordies.

Dont tell S_W_F_C think he might have a heart attack if he thought the geordies arent going to win the league

48 minutes ago, torryowl said:

man utd certainly but nothing like the difference today ...liverpool were in a poor state in the late 50s early 60s there ground was decrepid they were continually playing 2nd fiddle to everton and had been knocked out the cup by worcester things changed a lot when shankley took over and he convinced the board to start spending .

By 1962 we'd won 4 titles and 3 fa cups compared to 5 titles for Liverpool. They got slightly better attendances so ur probably right. Just shows what sustained success can do...look at man utd in the 90s-00s and Chelsea since about 94. Something we've never had :-( 

If DC is serious about promotion this coming season then he'll have to spend.  Finishing in the top 2 will be very difficult unless we make some major signings.  The playoffs aren't going to be easy either.

i hope that he does invest wisely.  Proven goal scorers are not cheap,. In fact 5-10 million seems to buy a fairly average player these days.  We made some shrewd additions last season with FF, Hooper, Bannan etc.  These types of players don't seem to be around this year.

regarding McCormack,. There no doubting his scoring ability,. It's something we need.  If DC is happy to spend 11.5m on him so be it.