Ross McCormack - Bid Made £11.5 Million

6 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Anyone got any idea what sort of wages McCormack is on at Fulham? I'd imagine they'd be pretty hefty!?

If we were to sign him it would show DC is prepared to not only lay out a huge fee, but is also prepared to start paying the big bucks in salaries.... could be exciting times!

Don't you think the exciting times are already here, Mr Chansiri has been at Hillsborough for a year now. The progression in one season as been phenomenal.          UTO 

27 minutes ago, torryowl said:

its insane money if he turns out to be a dud but if he gets his usual 20 plus goals and fires us to promotion and 170 million that will bring then he's worth a punt .....big clubs dont feck about worrying if they have got value for money ,they pay the going rate thats why they are usually succesful .

Most clubs worry about value for money. The ones that don't usually either have oligarchs in charge or end up in the shït.

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Most clubs worry about value for money. The ones that don't usually either have oligarchs in charge or end up in the shït.

man utd , liverpool,real madrid, barca seem to spend the going rate for players and they arnt owned by ogilarchs ..........chansiri is a businessman you'd think he knows the value of something and if true we have a bid in then i wouldnt worry to much about what his resale value would be .

29 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Anyone got any idea what sort of wages McCormack is on at Fulham? I'd imagine they'd be pretty hefty!?

If we were to sign him it would show DC is prepared to not only lay out a huge fee, but is also prepared to start paying the big bucks in salaries.... could be even more exciting times!

You are quite right kev... I apologise and have fixed it lol

Re: McCormacks wages. 

Weve sold an extra 5500 season tickets on the back of the play offs. 

If if you say the average price  is £400

400x5500 = £2.2m

I'm  sure that would take a massive chunk out of any wage bill. 

6 minutes ago, torryowl said:

man utd , liverpool,real madrid, barca seem to spend the going rate for players and they arnt owned by ogilarchs ..........chansiri is a businessman you'd think he knows the value of something and if true we have a bid in then i wouldnt worry to much about what his resale value would be .

Pointless comparing us with those clubs. We all kick a ball about but there are no other similarities in our situations.

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

Re: McCormacks wages. 

Weve sold an extra 5500 season tickets on the back of the play offs. 

If if you say the average price  is £400

400x5500 = £2.2m

I'm  sure that would take a massive chunk out of any wage bill. 

£2.2m - 20% vat

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Pointless comparing us with those clubs. We all kick a ball about but there are no other similarities in our situations.

principals the same .....whether your barca or accrington .....you spend what you can afford .50 million or 50k if thats the going rate for the players you want then thats what you pay if you hope to be successful .

9 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

As exciting as this is, it makes me really nervous.

It is typical Wednesday that we get a proper ambitious owner at the same time as the market goes thro the roof. There are going to be ridiculous fees paid this summer and the teams with parachute payments will have massive wage bills.

Trying to compete will be a real test and who knows how it will end. All we can do is enjoy it.

Guest pitts
15 minutes ago, siggi jonsson said:

Its not your money is it?

So what you worrying about 

Exactly who gives a poo poo how much he spends its about time we had a owner who will splash the cash 

12 minutes ago, Sonny said:

when i started going to hillsboro we were a bigger club than liverpool and probably on a par with man utd and certainly a better team .....they kicked on and spent big money due to having a board with ambition (we didnt) and left us far behind .....we now have an owner who has a bit more about him  than scratching around for scraps and while we are a long way behind them we now have a chance of getting a bit closer to competing with them and we can only do that by being in the prem but we wont do that unless we sign the best players we can .

Just now, torryowl said:

when i started going to hillsboro we were a bigger club than liverpool and probably on a par with man utd and certainly a better team .....they kicked on and spent big money due to having a board with ambition (we didnt) and left us far behind .....we now have an owner who has a bit more about him  than scratching around for scraps and while we are a long way behind them we now have a chance of getting a bit closer to competing with them and we can only do that by being in the prem but we wont do that unless we sign the best players we can .

When did you start going to Hillsborough?!