Unfair priority system

The priority system is completely unfair.

As it is, fans who have not been to any games whatsoever but are mates with ST holders get priority over fans who pay on the gate but attend many.

This is the first time this ha happened as far as I'm aware and it is out of order.

Many regular fans will be sat at home.

Edited by Beholder

As it is, fans who have not been to any games whatsoever but are mates with ST holders get priority over fans who pay on the gate but attend many.

This is the first time this ha happened as far as I'm aware and it is out of order.

No they won't

Im a season ticket holder, Ive taken my nephew to a number of games this season. He loves it so much that hes got a 3 year season ticket from next year.

There are always a limited number of seats available near where we sit due to season ticket holders.If the tickets hadnt gone on sale like they have, had I had to wait there is a good chance that he wouldnt have got a seat near us. There would have been as much chance of a fair weather fan sitting in the seat of someone who regularly attends.

Sometimes there is no fair way to please everyone.

Agreed, but the quote from the Ticket thread also carries weight...

Yeah to an extent members and ST holders being able to buy extras isn't fair, but logistically it's the only way to do it.

Otherwise you would end up with loads of individuals who want to sit together buying at different times to each other.

Anyone who has attended a handful of games should be a member, which guaranteed a ticket...

There isn't a perfect way to sell tickets for high demand games like the play-off semi-final.

Learn from experience and make sure you are in a position of higher priority in future. 

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

You're not the guy who was complaining on Twitter the other day are you?

"It's not fair, I've been to every home game this season, POTG"

"Why didn't you get an ST or membership?"

"Didn't get round to it"

Cracked me up.

It has been well advertised that one of the advantages of membership is ticket priority.

If you chose not to get a membership, you always ran the risk of this happening for a big game.

The ST+1 and member+1 isn't perfect, but it is the only way to logistically sell the tickets. Otherwise people wouldn't be able to get tickets together, and the club would have to cope with thousands trying to relocate tickets after they've bought individual tickets.

Agreed, but the quote from the Ticket thread also carries weight...

There isn't a perfect way to sell tickets for high demand games like the play-off semi-final.

Learn from experience and make sure you are in a position of higher priority in future. 

I guess so.

Gutted i will probably miss out on the final too. 

I've always supported the priority points being there fairest possible system but if season ticket holders were allowed extra tickets then it blows that argument out of the water.

I hadn't actually realised so I have bought tickets for the three with season tickets but not the wife who I'm still trying to get one for. Silly me.

If it was one ticket per St holder then it would have been near perfect, because no fan would give up their priority for someone else (like some apparently do for away games) but instead they seem to have ruined it.

When i bought my playoff tickets on Saturday i wasn't allowed to add extra tickets for anyone unless they had a season ticket.

I am sure 99.99% of people who derserve one will get a ticket.

Depends if you think 99.99% of mates of season ticket holders deserve one.

Don't be surprised when tickets appear on eBay at massively inflated prices.

Depends if you think 99.99% of mates of season ticket holders deserve one.

Don't be surprised when tickets appear on eBay at massively inflated prices.

http://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/football-tickets-policy

Football tickets policy

The resale of tickets for football matches is highly regulated in England and Wales for a number of reasons, including security at sports events. Criminal law often prohibits the resale of such football tickets. For these reasons, all listings for football tickets to association football matches occurring in England or Wales, or involving an English or Welsh national or club team playing outside England or Wales, are prohibited.

In addition, all listings for tickets to association football matches occurring anywhere in the world that are part of a competition or tournament organised by FIFA or UEFA and that an English or Welsh national or club team has participated in, or is eligible to participate in, are also prohibited.

For the avoidance of doubt this prohibition includes (without limitation) the following matches:

• English Premiership, Football League, Football Conference and League of Wales matches

• World Cup and European Championships matches (including qualifying rounds)

• International matches played in England or Wales (including friendlies)

• Friendlies involving England or Wales

It's a bit of a joke. 

Obviously ST holders, Membership holders deserve priority, but the fact that some f*cknut - who hasn't been to game all season - will get one because his/her mate has a ST holder rankles a bit if I'm honest.