Unfair priority system

The priority system is completely unfair.

As it is, fans who have not been to any games whatsoever but are mates with ST holders get priority over fans who pay on the gate but attend many.

This is the first time this ha happened as far as I'm aware and it is out of order.

Many regular fans will be sat at home.

Tbh I'm very surprised we've been allowed 2 tickets each

It's a bit of a joke.

Obviously ST holders, Membership holders deserve priority, but the fact that some f*cknut - who hasn't been to game all season - will get one because his/her mate has a ST holder rankles a bit if I'm honest.

Eh up I'm getting my brother in law one and he's been to Arsenal and Ipswich games this season.

He also went against Wycombe and to play off final. lol

A season ticket should guarantee it's owner a seat.

Not two of their mates as well.

It's not though, it's 2 tickets per ID. Which means a ST holder can buy 1 for himself and 1 for someone else.

Depends if you think 99.99% of mates of season ticket holders deserve one.

Don't be surprised when tickets appear on eBay at massively inflated prices.

Hopefully Owlstalk will come to the rescue like the Wycombe game. If/when any tickets appear on eBay.

Basically saying everyone should go to the game alone or at least likely to risk going alone or sitting miles away from the person you want to potentially celebrate with. Fact is i got a membership but only get to a small amount of games a year. But if you are complaining and havent got a ST or membership but go to all the games, that sounds a bit weird if you save a fiver a game by spending £30 on a membership at least. 

I have to agree if im honest.

A mostly sound system but I don't think it's right that us as a family could bring 4 people who have never been.

That said, this system allows for children who have never been to come and sit with their ST holder Dad/Grandad/Uncle.

Swings and roundabouts really.

No system is 100% fair on everyone and memberships were really encouraged

Fair enough prioritise members.

But as far as I'm aware, this year is the first time these tickets have been prioritised for season ticket holders too.

Usually they have to buy extras when general sale happens with everyone else.

Which is fair.

This isn't fair.

"Oh my wife fancies a ticket. She's not been for 8 years but likes the sound of this one."

*angrymad

The benefit of being a season ticket holder and committing to the club although was surprised an extra ticket was allowed.

I got online at 9.15am and used mine and my Sons Season Tickets to get and extra ticket for my Wife who last went to a match about 14 years ago and my Daughter who will be attending her first match.  :blush:

I agree with beholder. ST holders and Members should be priority but after that the Points system should be used more. Don't really understand why ST holders have been able to buy an extra ticket. 

Fair enough prioritise members.

But as far as I'm aware, this year is the first time these tickets have been prioritised for season ticket holders too.

Usually they have to buy extras when general sale happens with everyone else.

Which is fair.

This isn't fair.

"Oh my wife fancies a ticket. She's not been for 8 years but likes the sound of this one."

*angrymad

Buy a membership now then...

Split it with one of your mates (who you've been to 10+ games with yet neither of you got a membership even though it would've saved you at least £40 by now...)

Makes it £35 a ticket and you'll get priority for Wembley.

Just to say, I (and my 12 year old) have been to 9 games this season. Didn't have a membership because, honestly, I never got round to it and wasn't really bothered about the fiver a game.

I took out membership last week for £30 just to get ticket priority for this game. I now have 2 tickets.

I fell outside the criteria but that was my own fault for not getting a membership when I was told I should get one.

Any system is always going to have some people that miss out through one reason or another but if you don't fall into any category that gets you priority before general sale, what more can the club do?

So we were going to make my nephew a member for a Christmas present. Because of his age he wouldnt be able to attend midweek games. It actually worked out cheaper not to make him a member. He has still been to loads of games since Christmas.

Should he miss out?

Like I said, there is no way to make it fair for everyone, someone will always complain. Its just finding a balance thats the most fair. A bit like away priority tickets. It creates an elite group of supporters, but it does mean that someone who is prepared to travel to Brighton, Cardiff, Charlton etc doesnt miss out on Rotherham away tickets because of people who havent been to a single away game.

To be honest I don't really have sympathy for people who go to games on the day but don't get a membership, and then moan when a big game comes around that they can't get one.

If you want to go to games and can't get a ST, then get a membership FFS lol