The Owls vs Birmingham. Official Matchday Thread.

Trevor Smith married a Walkley lass, born in Brierly Hill  was with Birmingham City to 1965 represented England 15 times up to 1960. He took a keen interest in me as he had knowledge that would only enlighten me in years to come. That was because of my bad leg I would never play professional football. He visited me in hospital on several occasions and after Birmingham games at Hillsborough would meet up with dad and me in the Walkley WMC.

I always had a smile on my face at Walkley WMC on the nights we met for in successive seasons 60/61 to 64/65 we won 2-0; 5-1; 5-0; 2-1 and 5-2. He would always encourage me and have a little gift. After his career ended he went into the licensing trade. Trevor died of cancer on 9th August 2003.

I will never forget his Kindness RIP Trevor Smith Birmingham City, Walsall and England. 

As per Pauli very entertaining WAWAW 

M02y1er.png Head to Head laYdd2F.png

• The Owls have kept three consecutive Boxing Day clean sheets (W2 D1), this after conceding in each of the previous five.

• Birmingham have avoided defeat in their last three away games on Boxing Day, winning two (D1).

• The Blues won at Hillsborough on December 26th back in 2001, courtesy of a goal from Geoff Horsfield.

• Only Alan Judge (7) has more assists this season than Ross Wallace (6).

• Birmingham have attempted the fewest passes in the Championship (7344).

Excellent OMDT but..........................................

how do the stattos come up with "attempted the fewest passes".................. :wacko:

Brilliabt OP - Jimmy Cliff! His Goddam greatest song and sooooooooo appropriate!

I remember that cup tie in 69 at Hillsborough - and the 3-3 draw when Tricky Trev (still in a nappy) whooped it up for them. I think I posted on another thread about The Scariest Mistake Ever when me and two chums ended up on their kop at St Andrew's (it was like being SOE agents in Nazi-held France in late 1940) and nearly gave the game away when Wednesday scored. Only managed to keep me gob shut by cramming it with biscuits!! How we survived, I will never know.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

3-0 Wednesday

Nuhiu hat trick

Take note

The last time I predicted a Nuhiu hat trick in a 3-0 win, I got it wrong

The game was Arsenal in the cup and Nuhiu never had a sniff

So knowing my luck it will probably be Wallace, Joao and Hutchinson again.

Loving this idea!

What a Christms present that would be.  I think you'll be spot on this time.  Big Dave comes on after 80 mins to break the 0-0 deadlock and scores the perfect hat-trick ( one with his left, one with his right and a last minute penalty which he heads into the bottom right corner after slipping on his run up and sliding into the ball with his head).  

Cue wild dancing on the Kop and a Boxing Day memory that rivals the great day in 1979. :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Great again Pauli infact it was brilliant !

You can save the Jasper Carrot bit along with his twin St Trevor the Franciscan monk, both were apparently well funky on their mopeds back in the day...

I'm wanting a win today, we're back at home and nothing less should be sought...

Big Dave and Hooper to start please...

I remember one of the most comfortable matches ever, was a 5-0 or 5-1 mid eighties v Birmingham. One of those too rare days where you enjoy all 90 minutes in the firm knowledge you will win easily. Could be my memory but sure David Seaman was in their goal too!

Im sticking with 2-1 today but quietly I am confident could be plenty better.

Brilliabt OP - Jimmy Cliff! His Goddam greatest song and sooooooooo appropriate!

I remember that cup tie in 69 at Hillsborough - and the 3-3 draw when Tricky Trev (still in a nappy) whooped it up for them. I think I posted on another thread about The Scariest Mistake Ever when me and two chums ended up on their kop at St Andrew's (it was like being SOE agents in Nazi-held France in late 1940) and nearly gave the game away when Wednesday scored. Only managed to keep me gob shut by cramming it with biscuits!! How we survived, I will never know.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Brilliant! lol

I had a lucky escape in 2013. Just flown back into Brize Norton from 3 months in Cyprus. Stuck radio on in the car to hear Lingard smashing in one of four. Got a text off our lass saying she had just won a sofa bed on eBay and could I pick it up from Birmingham! Turned out it was just outside St Andrews and collection coincided with the gleeful masses of Brum supporters pouring out following our 4-1 drubbing. Got stuck in the match day traffic with a sofa half in and half out of me boot and a big owls sticker on the window. Instant magnet for abuse as soon a I was static in the traffic. There were burger wrappers wedged between me new sofa cushions and Coke cans in me boot when I got home. What a crap day!