The Owls vs Birmingham. Official Matchday Thread.

If we play like we did for the last 70 minutes of the Wolves game, we'll be more than a match for most teams at this level. Birmingham are no mugs, but we could do with beating the teams around us if we want to claim a place in the top six.

Let's hope the players respond to a big crowd today and we get the three points we all want for Christmas.

Brilliant! lol

I had a lucky escape in 2013. Just flown back into Brize Norton from 3 months in Cyprus. Stuck radio on in the car to hear Lingard smashing in one of four. Got a text off our lass saying she had just won a sofa bed on eBay and could I pick it up from Birmingham! Turned out it was just outside St Andrews and collection coincided with the gleeful masses of Brum supporters pouring out following our 4-1 drubbing. Got stuck in the match day traffic with a sofa half in and half out of me boot and a big owls sticker on the window. Instant magnet for abuse as soon a I was static in the traffic. There were burger wrappers wedged between me new sofa cushions and Coke cans in me boot when I got home. What a crap day!

Crap day, indeed, airborne - but great story. Wonder what the hell the brummies thought you were going to do with the sofa bed? (Must be true love for you drive to Brum to pick it up for her!) Last time I was there, St Andrews did have benches with lines on them instead of proper seats in one of the stands so maybe they thought youl'd brought your own!

I told one minor lie in my account, by the way. It was when Wednesday NEARLY scored that I almost gave the game away. Fact is, it was a 0-0 draw (back in 1971, I think, when dinosaurs still roamed the earth)