The Owls vs Birmingham. Official Matchday Thread.

zvl1khq.png

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

The city of Birmingham was founded in 1836 by Ozzy Osbourne's father, who built his empire starting with a mince pie factory at nearby Small Heath. But things really took off when his son, also called Ozzy Osbourne decided to branch out into sprout and turkey farming.

mRbLLkG.jpg

Christmas had also been invented around the same time in nearby Wolverhampton by the Slade brothers and was celebrated with a huge dish of roast potatoes and gravy, while singing a raucous song about wishing it could be Christmas every day.

The Slade bothers also had a sister named Sharon. She was a ruthless business woman. It was Noddy’s idea to get her together with Ozzy 2 and use their relationship as leverage to take over the Osbournes’ business. The Slades’ roast potatoes were combined with the turkey and sprouts and the rest as they say, is history. Adding mince pies as a dessert, the traditional Christmas dinner was born and took the world by storm.

118kCOD.jpg

Ozzy and Sharon were in love by now, so they got married and were rolling in money. But Ozzy was soon bored and started moping round the house. It was Sharons idea that he form a heavy metal band which was also a roaring success. But 15 years later, he started moping around the house again and all the Christmas dinners had taken their toll. Ozzy and the Slade lads would eat at least two every day.

BuHLm0Q.jpg

The quick thinking Sharon decided that the boys needed to get fit again and sport was the answer. In 1875, she formed the football club, Small Heath Alliance. Later the name was changed to Birmingham City and that’s how we come to be playing them today.

THE SERIOUS BIT

Venue: Hillsborough Stadium, Sheffield.
Kick Off: Saturday, 26th of December at 15:00.

Matchday Apparel: Home shirt, no banjos.

Matchday Drink: Sherry.

Matchday Pie: Turkey sandwiches.

Matchday Song: The Harder They Come by Jimmy Cliff…

Today’s song is a special request from everyone’s favourite Owlstalk member, VictoryBell.

MATCHDAY FACTS

Midfield trio Jeremy Helan, Lewis McGugan and Jose Semedo are pushing for a place in the Owls line-up as Carlos Carvalhal looks to rotate his squad. Defender Rhoys Wiggins is also looking to start for Wednesday, who have no new injury concerns or suspensions.

Birmingham hope to have winger David Cotterill, striker Clayton Donaldson and defenders Paul Robinson and Jonathan Grounds all back from injury. Right-back Neal Eardley, who was forced off against Cardiff, is a doubt.

M02y1er.png Head to Head laYdd2F.png

• The Owls have kept three consecutive Boxing Day clean sheets (W2 D1), this after conceding in each of the previous five.

• Birmingham have avoided defeat in their last three away games on Boxing Day, winning two (D1).

• The Blues won at Hillsborough on December 26th back in 2001, courtesy of a goal from Geoff Horsfield.

• Only Alan Judge (7) has more assists this season than Ross Wallace (6).

• Birmingham have attempted the fewest passes in the Championship (7344).

EIgdpIT.png

KING CARLOS’ WORDS OF WISDOM

“We know what we must do and the most important is Saturday. We won’t lose the focus of this game. Let’s attack the first game on Saturday and after that, we have some time to talk about the other games.

The culture of this country is that everybody enjoys their football on Boxing Day, we want to entertain our fans and the people who enjoy football. It is one kind of new situation for me but not absolutely because one time in Besiktas, we played two games with two and a half days in between.

This time here, the difference is just two days so it makes a little difference. They want to enjoy the game so it will be a nice occasion and better if we have a good atmosphere around and because it’s a party day, let’s give our fans a reason to have a big party around the team.”

My Prediction: Extra presents all round. 2 - 0 to us. Fessi and Hooper to unwrap them. Oooooooh!

MINTYNESS

Happy Christmas!

ymj3K1P.gif

Best OMDT ever.

Well done pauli...!

Love the song - cracking, love Tay Tay - a Christmas Cracker and a lovely girl to talk to.

Going all VIP prawn sandwich today with both my lads in the South.

Its Boxing Day, so just got to be 4-0.

FF hat trick plus a late Dave thunderbolt.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

C'MON LADS...!

UTO

great op ....not read it ......but wanted to be the first to say it ......................will read now

Best OMDT ever.
Well done pauli...!

Love the song - cracking, love Tay Tay - a Christmas Cracker and a lovely girl to talk to.

Going all VIP prawn sandwich today with both my lads in the South.

Its Boxing Day, so just got to be 4-0.

FF hat trick plus a late Dave thunderbolt.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.
C'MON LADS...!
UTO

what a bugger ......

Quick off the mark as ever Pauli, with another excellent OMDT. Not that bothered that Christmas day's done because now begins 2 games in 3 days, and it's gonna be bloody great (probably). Bring on this lot, we swept aside our last west midlands opponents and today should be no different, a bit of squad rotation never hurt in this busy period, time for some players to step up to the mark and prove their worth. Although if we let Maghoma score I may get very cross. Wednesday 2-0 Brummy (Hooper 38, Helan 72)

Guest minsk owl

Lovin' the Hillsborough pic

Keep getting a feeling that there's gonna be another tonking today, but rather than tempt fate, i'll go for a steady 2-0, Joao and Fessi

post-38035-0-94676900-1451088803_thumb.j

3-0 Wednesday

Nuhiu hat trick

Take note

The last time I predicted a Nuhiu hat trick in a 3-0 win, I got it wrong

The game was Arsenal in the cup and Nuhiu never had a sniff

So knowing my luck it will probably be Wallace, Joao and Hutchinson again.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Another win would be marvellous and maybe show a bit of real intent from us but this rarely happens 'cos we're Wednesday and we like nothing better than letting ourselves down when expectations are high....BUT...we weren't ever going to end our Wolves hoodoo either and we leathered 'em...its time for people to start taking us seriously...3-1...Fessi, and two from Hooper!!