January Transfer Window Thread

If McGugan is surplus to requirements, might be worth swapping him for someone who could fit into the way we play? Someone like Craig Noone or Zach Clough or Johann Berg Guomundsson, maybe? Personally I'd love us to bring in Alan Judge but like others said, he'll perhaps cost a lot, whilst I'd also like us to bring in another centre back and at least one exciting forward and would expect us to bring around three or four quality signings in to strengthen and cement a top six position. I would think DC would go for it in January.

Guest wilyfox

Would love us to swap McGugan for Huws, but he is on a season long loan to Huddersfield, and I wander if Wigan included recall clause in that deal.

Dude, you've got a serious hard-on for Huws.

Dude, you've got a serious hard-on for Huws.

He does look quality, especially this season. He'll probably go to the Euro's too, with the form he's in?

I'd love us to go for someone like him or Josh Vela or Zach Clough. Huws has stood out in Huddersfield's resurgence under David Wagner.

I reckon any of those would fit in well here and be cracking signings for the future too with re-sale value.

Quite a few Championship level scouts at the Walsall and Peterborough game today according to SSN.

I wonder if we've got someone there, taking a look at in form and highly rated pair Romaine Sawyers and Connor Washinghton?

The number of players Peterborough have picked up from non-league and sold for good money is staggering.

Think that most scout there came to watch that young Peterborough midfielder. Anderson ? He is getting rave reviews from everywhere.

Will. Huws got my atention playing for Man City youth teams. I wasn't that impressed by young CM since Henri Lansbury. Since Huws only Jack Byrne made similar impact on my scouting eye :blush:

Think that in Huws we would get player who could in couple of years be a starter at Premiership level.

Saw Conor Washington back when he was a teenager playing for St Ives- I don't think he's got enough about his game to become a Championship striker.

It's a shame because I've liked the guy for about four years and wanted him to do well, but Wednesday wouldn't be the right move for him or us.

Edited by StudentOwl

A centre back has to be the number one priority, with Lees and Turner out, and Lachman and Dielna out of favour. Might be worth making a move for Jamal Lascelles, not getting a look in up at Newcastle, he's strong in the air and pretty mobile

That would be a quality bit of business if the price was right imo