January Transfer Window Thread

Also a lot depends on the Matias situation. Two weeks ago, we were told he was back in training and nearly there, so if that's still the case, he will give the squad a boost. However, if he has an ongoing problem like Melo, we may need to look at short term cover for both those positions. I'm thinking we do need to add a permanent new young centre back

Guest wilyfox

I really think DC is going to go for it this season seeing how close we are to the play offs ,and just a couple of quality additions are needed.

I agree.

If DC doesn't go for it in January, what is he waiting for? There's no guarantee we'd be in a better position to strike in a years time. We might be in contention then; we are in contention now! If the right players become available at affordable prices, don't spurn this opportunity.

Need to think about who could possibly be going with the form ff is in wouldn't surprise me if someone came in for him or joa or lee

Joao and FF signed onto long term deals so you'd be looking at north of £10m for either, definitely closer to £15m for FF in my eyes. If Rhodes can command a fee like that then so can FF.

I'm convinced that Lee is still under the radar of a lot of clubs, also seems quite settled here. Was reading his interview in the programme yesterday, isn't someone who likes to move too far from home. Would have to be a very specific type of club to get him to leave.

Like to see a tall DCM brought in, bit short of height when teams are throwing everything at us

Even Birmingham got a lot of free headers in our box, so yes I agree, the extra height would be useful. This is where Melo would have been useful

I'd be very intrigued about Bamford's situation at Palace. Things clearly haven't worked out there, and I'm not sure whether Chelsea nor Bamford himself, would want the current situation to continue for another 6 months.

Chelsea & Bamford were pretty insistent on him playing Premiership football, but you'd wonder which Premiership clubs would guarantee him regular football. Bournemouth perhaps? Norwich? But those aside, I can't see too many others. Which may open up the possibility of him dropping back down to Championship level. 

Would Boro want him back? They seem to have got a great blend of strikers in Nugent, ****, Stuani. Derby likewise. You'd like to think we'd be one of the most attractive options available. Although Carvahal's link with Mourinho no longer exists between the clubs...if it was ever really there initially.