January Transfer Window Thread

Haven't Fulham just been handed a transfer embargo along with Bolton and Forest (again). If so I can't see them selling their better players, no matter how much we offer

The transfer embargo means they have to sell to buy and the player coming in must be on the same or less wages than the one that leaves. The transfer fee is the same also.

Only mentioned Kenwyne Jones and Ross McCormack mainly because of the rumours and alleged offers leading up to the end of the last transfer window. Just wonder whether, we'll be back in for them or similar types of players? The Adebayor rumour suggests maybe we're still interested in a target man type of striker, whether any truth in that rumour or not, could it mean we'll renew interest in Kenwyne Jones, who sounds like he might be available during the January window. Personally I'd like us to go for a pacy hard working type of forward, a Ross McCormack or Dwight Gayle type. But if we could get a target man upgrade of Nuhiu to take some pressure off Joao and to link up with Forestieri and feed off Wallace's crosses, that might work? And I wouldn't be against extending Hooper's loan if he keeps scoring.

I'm rather hoping we sign three Portuguese players who none of us have heard of

Would make better business sense longer term of course. But would they hit the ground running, settle and get us up this season or into the play-offs? Joao has been a very good signing and a joy to watch but needs time. More signings like Wallace and Forestieri and we could get to where DC wants us to go this season or next, I reckon.

Andrija Zivkovic (Yes I've been playing too much Football Manager  :rolleyes:  )

Probably wouldn't have any interest in joining us, but in rea life the lad's on fire at the moment (7 goals and 3 assists in 15 league games) and his contract expires at the end of the season so he'll be available on a Bosman soon.

Back in the real world, we probably do need another winger as Wallace, as great as he is, can blow hot and cold and it'd be good to get someone with a bit more pace to fill that right winger role when Wallace is drifting out of games. Judge would be fantastic but'd cost a bomb.

Would quite like Gudmundsson at Charlton as he's definitely the best of a bad bunch down there.

However, looking at our recruitment so far, I suspect it'll be someone somewhat unexpected who will exceed expectations... that's kinda what makes it so exciting (We'll ignore the poor signings of Wiggins, Lachman and Sougou!)