January Transfer Window Thread

Guest wilyfox

I have always thought of Leroy Fer as a ball winning midfielder that sits deep with good distribution. Am I right?

Think he operates a little further forward than that. More of a midfield 10 - like McGugan, back in the day when Lewis would play there. lol

Think he operates a little further forward than that. More of a midfield 10 - like McGugan, back in the day when Lewis would play there. lol

lol

Could be a straight replacement for Mcgugan assuming Mcgugan is on his way out. Although Fer would probably get in the squd

Guest wilyfox

Fer is on a prem contract, that's why they tried to offload him to Sunderland back in the summer. I'd be surprised if we could take him on.

They wouldn't be able to pay his wages under that embargo

At this rate we'll probably offer Forest to pay up the difference in his wages to see him out the door, and that's barely a joke.

If he can't even make the bench after us essentially putting a second string out... "Out of favour" doesn't even cover it

Edited by StudentOwl

Bamford has tonight returned to Chelsea after his parent club cut short his Palace loan. A possible option?

If you believe the pre-season talk we had everything agreed but he rejected us for Prem football

Would imagine unless another Prem club comes in GUARANTEEING him first-team football or Middlesbrough make an offer, he's ours if we want

Ryan Gauld isn't pulling up many trees for sporting Lisbon. We want to get him in, give them a couple of million and we have ourselves a top class player.

Can't imagine they'd let him go that cheaply, he signed for about £3 million and I'd imagine they'd want that fee back

They may not object to a 6 month loan though, and we could do a heck of a lot worse...