January Transfer Window Thread

Might we be back in for Kenwyne Jones, sounds like Cardiff are resigned to losing him in the January window has he's out of contract in the summer. Do you think we're still interested? No question we can afford his wages now, after the supposed Adebayor offer/interest. If he did sign, I'd like us to bring in a mobile energetic striker alongside him too. Such as a Dwight Gayle or Patrick Bamford on loan or up our efforts to bring in Ross McCormack or someone similar? Whilst also extending Hooper's loan if possible.

Might we be back in for Kenwyne Jones, sounds like Cardiff are resigned to losing him in the January window has he's out of contract in the summer. Do you think we're still interested? No question we can afford his wages now, after the supposed Adebayor offer/interest. If he did sign, I'd like us to bring in a mobile energetic striker alongside him too. Such as a Dwight Gayle or Patrick Bamford on loan or up our efforts to bring in Ross McCormack or someone similar? Whilst also extending Hooper's loan if possible.

KJ doesnt score goals. We have moved on.

Kenwyne Jones, Dwight Gale/Patrick Bamford & Hooper? Where does that leave Joao - 4th choice? Not a prayer we would bring in 2 more strikers as well as Hooper. A striker pool of Joao, Hooper & Rhodes would be perfect. But then Hooper & Rhodes would cost onwards of £90k a week between them and one of them wouldn't play each week so its too much of an expensive luxury.

For me its as simple as Joao, Hooper (till the end of the season) and Nuhiu. We are 4th? top scorers in league so scoring goals is not a problem, spend the cash elsewhere. 2 Wingers, Centre Mid (even then I don't personally think we need another baring in mind McGugan, Lopez and Mathias (when fit) can all play there) and Centre Back. This narrows it down to 2 wingers and a centre back for certain.

I'd simply bin Nuhiu and free up wages by getting rid of the likes of Lachman and Dielna, McGugan seems surplus too? Unsure whether or not we will extend Hooper's loan but personally I'd keep him instead of Nuhiu and bring in the extra quality we need. A centre back, midfielder and a couple of forwards. Although we could always wait till the summer but DC seems ruthless and ambitious enough to not pass up the chance this season gives us with momentum and being so close to top six. Then even if we did miss out, we'll have a strong chance the following season.

More chance of getting McCormack than Rhodes I reckon. What with Fulham's record this season and little hope of getting anywhere near the play-offs. Whereas Blackburn have picked up under Lambert and are no longer under an embargo. And with the Fulham double header coming up soon, perhaps we'll renew interest after those fixtures? Both are expensive and unlikely but McCormack seems the more likely to me.

Could see Nuhiu getting binned and Hooper deal getting extended. Leaving us needing two new strikers? Names linked this season and lately are exciting and a far cry from the past decade.

Haven't Fulham just been handed a transfer embargo along with Bolton and Forest (again). If so I can't see them selling their better players, no matter how much we offer

Guest wilyfox

Haven't Fulham just been handed a transfer embargo along with Bolton and Forest (again). If so I can't see them selling their better players, no matter how much we offer

Agreed. Their defence is rubbish, and they can't replace. Start selling their best attackers too and they might struggle to avoid the drop.

Agreed. Their defence is rubbish, and they can't replace. Start selling their best attackers too and they might struggle to avoid the drop.

But on the flip side wont offloading some high earners lift the embargo ? 

Im no expert on FFP ,so not sure if this is the case. 

Guest wilyfox

Not soon enough to impact on this season. It'll be in place until the summer at least, regardless.

No it won't lift the embargo but my understanding is if a team under an embargo sells a player they can use the money from the sale to buy another player or players.