January Transfer Window Thread

Can't imagine they'd let him go that cheaply, he signed for about £3 million and I'd imagine they'd want that fee back

They may not object to a 6 month loan though, and we could do a heck of a lot worse...

Did suggest a loan deal in the summer.

Would be a good understudy to Fernando.

Did suggest a loan deal in the summer.

Would be a good understudy to Fernando.

I can't see the point of signing someone as understudy

Signing players who are back ups, well it just sends you backwards in the long term

The way to go is to sign players who are at least as good as, or better than what we have

2 players in every position who can hold down a first team spot is the way forward

Mattaius may yet come good and fight Forestierri for the same position

We need to find competition for everyone else in the team

Our next signing should be someone who can fight Wallace for his place

We then need to look at finding another defensive midfielder who can fight Hutch for a shirt

Another centre half to partner Lees,  and a better version of Nuhiu, and we are going places

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I can't see the point of signing someone as understudy

Signing players who are back ups, well it just sends you backwards in the long term

The way to go is to sign players who are at least as good as, or better than what we have

2 players in every position who can hold down a first team spot is the way forward

Mattaius may yet come good and fight Forestierri for the same position

We need to find competition for everyone else in the team

Our next signing should be someone who can fight Wallace for his place

We then need to look at finding another defensive midfielder who can fight Hutch for a shirt

Another centre half to partner Lees,  and a better version of Nuhiu, and we are going places

Depends with Matias, as to what Forestieri's long term position is.

I do prefer him on the wing, so you'd be right with Matias being Forestieri's replacement if needed.

But if he's viewed as a second striker, a number 10..a CAM....whatever you want to call it. We don't have anyone like him in the squad. The hope was McGugan would be that man, but clearly he himself thinks otherwise.

If Fernando is viewed as the latter...I think we need someone else in. Otherwise, if the worst happens and we lose FF, we lose a massive part of our creative spark.

I'm conflicted on McGugan. He was so good for us last season and deserved his place in the squad this season. However, it does appear that he's not going to get anything but the merest sniff of game time so may be best for both him and the club to arrange a move. Would be a fantastic signing for Huddersfield, though can't help but feel it would be a step down for Lewis.

Would love us to get Craig Noone or Alan Judge but its unlikely either would be sold to play off chasing rivals. Our best bet is raiding the transfer embargoed teams or lower half teams at this level and perhaps bringing in someone on loan from the top flight.

If McGugan goes to Huddersfield, how about as part of a deal for Nahki Wells or stealing Emyr Huws? Both are quality and what we need. If we can't get Bamford on loan, how about Dwight Gayle if available? We should try and get someone like Henri Lansbury, Josh Vela or Zach Clough and hopefully a partner for Tom Lees from somewhere, perhaps someone like Matt Mills or Michael Mannciene? Plus extend Hooper or buy him, and make Pudil and Hunt permanent deals and get the likes of Bannan on longer deals.

Guest mrbluesky

Barcelona cancel contract of new signing Sergi Guardiola after discovering anti-Catalonia tweets sent two years ago

• Barcelona terminate contract of new signing Sergi Guardiola
  • Guardiola tweeted 'Hala Madrid' and anti-Catolania abuse two years ago
  • The 24-year-old had his contract cancelled only hours after signing
  • Speaking to Spanish radio he insists he had no knowledge of the tweets
  •  

Barcelona have terminated the contract of Sergi Guardiola only hours after signing him on Monday due to tweets sent from the midfielder's Twitter account over two years ago.

The 24-year-old had signed for Barcelona B on Monday afternoon, only for his deal to be officially cancelled by the evening.

The club took issue with a series of offensive tweets posted by the 24-year-old in the past, in which he insulted Barcelona and Catalonia.

+3

The new signing, brought in for the Barcelona B side, had posted 'Hala Madrid', declaring his support for the club's arch-rival and Clasico opponents Real Madrid.

A number of anti-Catalonian posts were also found on the social media site from October 2013.

Among the offensive tweets was a message that called another user a 'Catalonian wh***'.

Speaking to Spanish radio station Cope on Monday night, Guardiola - no relation to former Barcelona manager Pep - defended himself and insisted he he had no knowledge of the tweets, claiming they were sent by a friend.

'I know I made a mistake. I apologize to Catalonia and Barcelona. I understand the decision, I'd do the same.

One Tweet called another Twitter user a Catalonian wh*** in 2013 and showed his support for Real Madrid

The insults and claimed he would leave the Twitter user a little photo of her cousin'It's a misunderstanding. The tweets are from 2013, a joke from a friend, I didn't even know the tweets existed.

'Barcelona have treated me very well. I understand their decision. Now I'm going home, we'll see what happens.

'Once you're a professional, you support the team that plays best, and that's Barcelona. Joining them was a dream, now it's broken.

'I'm from Mallorca. I'm not anti-Catalan or anti-anything. I couldn't write those tweets.' 

Guardiola is not the first Spanish player to fall foul of social media, after young star Julio Rey had his contract at Deportivo cancelled in July.

He tweeted in Spanish: F*** DEPOR, F*** RIAZOR' back in 2012, prompting the club to cancel his contract

Barcelona cancel contract of new signing Sergi Guardiola after discovering anti-Catalonia tweets sent two years ago

• Barcelona terminate contract of new signing Sergi Guardiola
  • Guardiola tweeted 'Hala Madrid' and anti-Catolania abuse two years ago
  • The 24-year-old had his contract cancelled only hours after signing
  • Speaking to Spanish radio he insists he had no knowledge of the tweets
  •  

Barcelona have terminated the contract of Sergi Guardiola only hours after signing him on Monday due to tweets sent from the midfielder's Twitter account over two years ago.

The 24-year-old had signed for Barcelona B on Monday afternoon, only for his deal to be officially cancelled by the evening.

The club took issue with a series of offensive tweets posted by the 24-year-old in the past, in which he insulted Barcelona and Catalonia.

+3

The new signing, brought in for the Barcelona B side, had posted 'Hala Madrid', declaring his support for the club's arch-rival and Clasico opponents Real Madrid.

A number of anti-Catalonian posts were also found on the social media site from October 2013.

Among the offensive tweets was a message that called another user a 'Catalonian wh***'.

Speaking to Spanish radio station Cope on Monday night, Guardiola - no relation to former Barcelona manager Pep - defended himself and insisted he he had no knowledge of the tweets, claiming they were sent by a friend.

'I know I made a mistake. I apologize to Catalonia and Barcelona. I understand the decision, I'd do the same.

One Tweet called another Twitter user a Catalonian wh*** in 2013 and showed his support for Real Madrid

The insults and claimed he would leave the Twitter user a little photo of her cousin'It's a misunderstanding. The tweets are from 2013, a joke from a friend, I didn't even know the tweets existed.

'Barcelona have treated me very well. I understand their decision. Now I'm going home, we'll see what happens.

'Once you're a professional, you support the team that plays best, and that's Barcelona. Joining them was a dream, now it's broken.

'I'm from Mallorca. I'm not anti-Catalan or anti-anything. I couldn't write those tweets.' 

Guardiola is not the first Spanish player to fall foul of social media, after young star Julio Rey had his contract at Deportivo cancelled in July.

He tweeted in Spanish: F*** DEPOR, F*** RIAZOR' back in 2012, prompting the club to cancel his contract

:ghoulguy: