Goodbye Mr Gray?

Maybe it's the committee working on player recruitment on the QT and we're waiting for the said manager to become available.

Yes I'm sure that was the plan, but to a certain extent they rely on guidance from the coach. It wouldn't surprise me if there turned out to be some truth in this journo's comments, but it's not ideal preparation for the new season

That's true, but I don't think the new owner would jeopardise his investment by keeping Gray on, just because he was under contract. Bearing in mind Mr Chansari has been running the show since January, he's had four months to assess the situation and make any changes he deemed necessary As for toeing the party line, most coaches in that situation would do the same, in fact Gray was constantly doing it under Mandaric.

I totally agree with the toeing the party line situation. It's never a good idea to upset the apple cart with your employer in public. I think we all know what follows should you do that?

That said I just think SG finds himself in what is looking an increasingly difficult position IMO?

Maybe they are waiting for another league's season to finish before they can announce anything.

If that were the case, the fair thing to do, would be to inform Gray as soon as possible. This way, nobody knows where they stand, the coach, the staff, the players, even the supporters. It just creates unnecessary uncertainty

Who'd want to be a football manager......or head coach for that matter!!

You work you're b*****s off with very limited resources, guide the team through a botched takeover and a then full takeover, all of which must have been pretty unsettling. Most of the time your hands are pretty much tied behind your back yet you still achieve mid table respectability against all the odds. You do all that and people still line up to throw you to the wolves. Gray deserves a chance to show what he can do when appropriately resourced, he's earned it.

Why would they have had this meeting, if any of the above rumours were true?

People don't half panic over the stupidest of rumour posts "a  backroom bloke told another bloke who told his dog, who barked  it to another player, blah blah blah "

SG will be in charge of picking the first team at the start of the season, with advice from the committee and will be picking from a healthy squad of quality players.

Stop reading in things which aren't there….. does mi head in 

I think if Gray was going to be sacked he would have done by now.

I would hope that they have identified their targets and have made concrete plans on this summers transfer activity.

A new manager now would only delay those plans and potentially lose out on our targets.

I think if Gray was going to be sacked he would have done by now.

I would hope that they have identified their targets and have made concrete plans on this summers transfer activity.

A new manager now would only delay those plans and potentially lose out on our targets.

Indeed

I would say even if Gray isn't sacked this summer it will only be a matter of time, a bad start and he will be sacked. With a new owner the majority of times it is only a matter of time before they bring their own manager in. Sad but true.

Guest Ash76

So now we know he's staying he won't last long because you're all assuming he'll get off t a poo poo start?

FFS can't some of you find something to do with your lives?

Good to hear they have had a meeting if that's the case but surely this should've already happened. A lot of business is often already done or well underway behind the scenes by now on free agents

I suppose this is where a lot of the uncertainty stemmed from, the fact that the pair hadn't sat down together at all during the last four months.