Goodbye Mr Gray?

Uwe Rosler to be appointed Leeds manager, would we have been happy with him here. Must admit i quite like him.

Vastly over-rated. 'His' success at Brentford was all down to Warburton and he then went on to prove his worth at Wigan. 

all that to say you don't agree with my post Ante , that's your choice and my opinion differs   I don't think he has it in him to take us any further does that suit your logic

More honest and less two faced than saying I would like him to be given the chance but, then a list of very strong reasons why you think he should not. Why dress it up?

You don't think he should be in charge of the team.

I do.

DC does.

He is.

All true. 

Short and honest enough for you?

If Chansiri and the committee decide to bring in their own man.

I'd like us to push the boat out for someone significantly better,

who as worked at some top clubs and could entice players here.

I'd love for us to bring Paul Clement in, before some other

Championship or Premier League club does.

Seems like he would be a quality appointment if we could get him.

Guest Distraught!

i wouldn't be surprised with anything Mr Chansiri did to be honest

I was told by a player that a few weeks ago SG brought Nuhiu on for last 15mins in a game,Chansiri rang SG after asking why he had put him on

also told SG was furious about the new backroom staff because he new nothing about it until they arrived

"Hi, shooey, why you bring Big Dave on"?

"Well, we sort of needed a goal and he's out top scorer".

"Sankyou shooey, that kind of explens it, bye zen".

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Gray doesn't deserve to lose his job.  However, the style of football wasn't great last season.

He'd be a quality appointment for Derby if they get him. Newcastle and Sunderland are also rumoured to be interested in him.

If we are to get rid of Gray and Chansiri and his committee bring in their own man, then I'd like us to bring in a forward thinking

top coach appointment such as Clement or Bergkamp or Laudrup, someone like that who could entice players here and develop their own system and philosophy,

and hopefully bringing in the players we need to fit into a system that they can buy into. 

Another praise for Stu followed by a but? Sorry Trevi, but that hand has been played by too many and much better. 

Why do you think the home form has been so abysmal? Because Stuart Gray is too scared to attack and short of ideas with his boring and Irvinesque style of football? Or because our team is so devoid of goal scorers that Lee managed to get close to being our top marksman! Did I imagine it or didn't we miss an absolute shed load of goals at home? Did we actually run out of ideas or did we just keep missing the back of the net? 

If you do not think Gray is good enough just say so, we can all take it I'm sure. There is no need for the no offence, but...  followed by a few lines of character assassination. 

So the goal scoring chances that were being missed wholesale at the start of the season were down to a lack of attacking nous from our leader, who you appear to like later in your post and would love to see him given a try.

As for the past showings, which ones? The ones where the players were not good enough to finish the moves or the ones where he realised that we were never going to win points trying to out punch teams that had much more clinical finishers than us? Surely somebody who genuinely liked Stuart Gray, would say that he could not always play the type of football that he would have liked, because a lot of our players were not up to it. Especially the ones that you rely on to score.

Getting back to the OP, isn't the fact that Stuart adapted his tactics to suit our squad's strengths/weaknesses give a better argument for Gray to be manager next season and not just head coach? He realised that one style didn't get points and the other did. How many of the games would we have won at home if the badly missed chances had been scored? We could have played more exciting football and lost with the players we had available, but to be honest with you my levels of excitement tend to drop far quicker when we are getting hammered. 

Why would you want Stu to have the chance to spend money on players and be in control of the team and it's tactics if you think that he is only capable of playing boring football and may not be able to handle the better players and their opinions? I wouldn't, but then again I think Gray gets into players heads and wins their confidence. I also believe he plays football to the available players strengths and brings the best out in them. I have not seen Gray as a short term stand in since he took a set of 1st division players, premiership loan players, and a few half decent championship players and got them to play like a decent championship football team last season. If we had got a decent winger or two this season and the loan of Wickham and Fryatt again, I cannot imagine why we wouldn't have finished in the top six, with or without the mindsets and ideas of these two better players. So why would it be so hard to believe that the exciting attacking football we played against l**ds in that 6-0 drubbing could not be more common place with the promised new players?

I don't like Stuart Gray, he showed a ruthless and nasty streak getting rid of Mattock and Buxton, but I think he would make a great football manager or head coach and could lead us to a higher level of success and a better quality of football with the backing that DC has promised.

Who has time to read a novel? If I did, I would read a novel.

He'd be a quality appointment for Derby if they get him. Newcastle and Sunderland are also rumoured to be interested in him.

If we are to get rid of Gray and Chansiri and his committee bring in their own man, then I'd like us to bring in a forward thinking

top coach appointment such as Clement or Bergkamp or Laudrup, someone like that who could entice players here and develop their own system and philosophy,

and hopefully bringing in the players we need to fit into a system that they can buy into. 

Have you misplaced your marbles...? 

He is under rated for a reason,because he isn't up to the job as our home form would tell you.

The Ginger one isnt coming back , we need to move forward . Meggo is 10 years behind modern football. 

Gray doesn't deserve to lose his job.  However, the style of football wasn't great last season.

Gray not deserving to lose his job, and whether he is the best man to take the club forward are 2 very different points. I'd argue he's done a good job, but he isn't the man to be at the helm in this new era.

My main concern would be if Glenn Roeder advises Chansiri into bringing in some lower league average coach like Russell Slade who he advised Tan to bring in at Cardiff.  WTF:

Hopefully Chansiri has his own man in mind or some of the other committee members have more of a clue about who or what we need.  :ph34r:

Why would any successful business man pay 37 million pounds for a club losing over 5 million a year and try and do it on the cheap?

It's not like we are in the PL where some owners are content to line their own pockets with the TV money.

To suggest Mr C is going to do this is nothing short of WUMonomics or pork talk.

Guest Distraught!

The Ginger one isnt coming back , we need to move forward . Meggo is 10 years behind modern football. 

Meggo is ten years behind the big bang.  gary megson