Goodbye Mr Gray?

How much was paid for Reading or Forest or.... Any of the other clubs bought by richer people than Mr C, if it was just about money we would be further down the queue than where we are now surely, there's a lot of big hitters in the Championship..

Reading owner isn't anywhere near as rich as Chansiri and they are trying to mop up the mess from that Russian fella they had. As for forest they spent 8 million on Assombalonga who was tearing it up until he got injured. Antonio has done well too.

Their failing was having Pearce as manager.

i wouldn't be surprised with anything Mr Chansiri did to be honest

I was told by a player that a few weeks ago SG brought Nuhiu on for last 15mins in a game,Chansiri rang SG after asking why he had put him on

also told SG was furious about the new backroom staff because he new nothing about it until they arrived

So SG told another player about a confidential phone call after the game, and this player told you!

It's like listening to a five year old dribbling on after a day at school!

Really don't want to see him go as we have achieved more than most of us realistically expected. Just have this huge doubt over what we have seen at home this season, can he identify attacking players?

Think we will need to win the first few home games of the season and win them playing attractive football  or his position will become difficult.

Reading owner isn't anywhere near as rich as Chansiri and they are trying to mop up the mess from that Russian fella they had. As for forest they spent 8 million on Assombalonga who was tearing it up until he got injured. Antonio has done well too.

Hmm, kinda get your point but Pearce wasn't the manager all season was he ?

Perhaps it goes to show you need to have the right manager not just one that money can buy, warning to be taken from that me thinks..

Hopefully we can find some mugs to sell us a winger like Antonio for a knock down price. I'm sure there are plenty of decent players with cash strapped clubs who we can take advantage of

I may appear to be an expert to you dear chap, but then you do appear to be living up to your name too.

I can just read things and remember what they say, especially things about the club I support, the players the head coach, who has been head coach since he was appointed (head coach), the other members of the management team and so on. Would reading it all again help you? I doubt it.

Thanks,

A Wednesday fan

Careful, admitting to reading ability is tantamount to showing off.

some of the people wanting Gray out are the same ones that dont rate most of the players!

now i know its not quite so cut and dried as that and there is some middle ground but come on,

the players we have had are the players we could afford before, and they are all SG has had to work with so far.

so this better manager you all want will mean we can save some coin as we dont have to buy as many players reyt?

point im making is if its widely accepted that we need 'better players' in our squad to get up there, then why does the manager need to go? ...if only for the reason of continuity & knowing this league/opposition/current squad SG should be given first crack.

its the only sensible thing to do. i imagine the current squad we have left are quietly confident that they as individuals and we as a team, will improve next season, quality additions will only add to that belief and settle in easier with an already strong spirited dressing room.

to get a new guy in now, means EVERYONE at the club will be as if they started their first day at a brand new

school come the 1st day back, however good a new guy might be, under these circumstances it will take 3 months for it all to bed in anyway.

Ultimately its about players, (else we wouldnt be getting new ones regardless of who's manager) so lets get some players in and see how SG goes till xmas.

some of the people wanting Gray out are the same ones that dont rate most of the players!

now i know its not quite so cut and dried as that and there is some middle ground but come on,

the players we have had are the players we could afford before, and they are all SG has had to work with so far.

so this better manager you all want will mean we can save some coin as we dont have to buy as many players reyt?

point im making is if its widely accepted that we need 'better players' in our squad to get up there, then why does the manager need to go? ...if only for the reason of continuity & knowing this league/opposition/current squad SG should be given first crack.

its the only sensible thing to do. i imagine the current squad we have left are quietly confident that they as individuals and we as a team, will improve next season, quality additions will only add to that belief and settle in easier with an already strong spirited dressing room.

to get a new guy in now, means EVERYONE at the club will be as if they started their first day at a brand new

school come the 1st day back, however good a new guy might be, under these circumstances it will take 3 months for it all to bed in anyway.

Ultimately its about players, (else we wouldnt be getting new ones regardless of who's manager) so lets get some players in and see how SG goes till xmas.

Well said. It would have to be a top drawer manager with enough charisma and pulling power, to entice the players we'd need if it were to be a total overhaul. It's certainly not worth all the upheaval if we are ousting Gray, just to appoint someone with only a marginally better track record. Continuity is all important

Last summer under Gray we started well, but we needed to strengthen especially in the summer as well as around October when we needed to keep the momentum going which we didn;t do, we were still short on a couple of wingers and a striker.  

Give Gray the funds and backing this summer and see what he can do, surely he deserves that? 

Gray brought in the likes of Lees and Westwood which brought about one of the best defenses in the league.

I'm sure Gray's priority this time around will be attack, attacking midfielders, wingers and a couple of strikers.  Then we should be sorted.

Last summer under Gray we started well, but we needed to strengthen especially in the summer as well as around October when we needed to keep the momentum going which we didn;t do, we were still short on a couple of wingers and a striker.  

Give Gray the funds and backing this summer and see what he can do, surely he deserves that? 

Gray brought in the likes of Lees and Westwood which brought about one of the best defenses in the league.

I'm sure Gray's priority this time around will be attack, attacking midfielders, wingers and a couple of strikers.  Then we should be sorted.

I do have a few reservations about Gray in the transfer market, but reckon, now with a bit of help, he'll be OK. Keep hearing about him signing the likes of Westwood and Lees, which is fair enough, they're good players, but what about the rest. He must have signed about 15 players, including the loan players. Most were hit and miss, and some were just plain awful. My biggest gripe though, was what he didn't bring in. Even allowing for the constraints he was working under, his recruitment was not exactly targeted.

Now, with an improved budget, and someone to guide him in the market, I'm hoping for better things next season

I do have a few reservations about Gray in the transfer market, but reckon, now with a bit of help, he'll be OK. Keep hearing about him signing the likes of Westwood and Lees, which is fair enough, they're good players, but what about the rest. He must have signed about 15 players, including the loan players. Most were hit and miss, and some were just plain awful. My biggest gripe though, was what he didn't bring in. Even allowing for the constraints he was working under, his recruitment was not exactly targeted.

Now, with an improved budget, and someone to guide him in the market, I'm hoping for better things next season

fair comments.

Think finances have restricted a lot what we could and couldn't do over the course of the season, can't blame Gray for that, and it seemed a bit rushed to get deals done on deadline day in the January transfer window.  

I'm expecting us to push on this season, hopefully with some cracking signings with us to get us into the top 6. 

no Davidioso a member of the backroom staff who was there told the player

I'm not really bothered if people believe me or not all we can do is wait and see how things turn out,i just hope it's all good

i think the biggest thing for me (listening to our chairman English in a recent I/V) is whether SG & DC could honestly

have a legible(?) conversation between them over the phone, its doubtful.

SG now finds himself working for a new employer and is entering the last year of his contract. This IMO leaves him in his position of Head Coach as vulnerable?

Mr C could to a certain extent change this situation by offering SG fresh terms but up until now has appointed GR, PS & JH to form a committee alongside SG. The exception on the committee is obviously SG as he's the only one Mr C hasn't appointed.

I do wonder if SG is comfortable with this new situation even though he's talked positively about it, you have to suggest there's a little bit of toeing the party line in his comments? If as rumoured more coaching staff may be added to SG's team, the likelihood is that he's going to find his position/authority more and more marginalised?

There's a lot of support for SG on here, understandably to be fair but I just don't see an happy ending for SG here at S6 and expect him to leave the club sooner or later?

SG now finds himself working for a new employer and is entering the last year of his contract. This IMO leaves him in his position of Head Coach as vulnerable?

Mr C could to a certain extent change this situation by offering SG fresh terms but up until now has appointed GR, PS & JH to form a committee alongside SG. The exception on the committee is obviously SG as he's the only one Mr C hasn't appointed.

I do wonder if SG is comfortable with this new situation even though he's talked positively about it, you have to suggest there's a little bit of toeing the party line in his comments? If as rumoured more coaching staff may be added to SG's team, the likelihood is that he's going to find his position/authority more and more marginalised?

There's a lot of support for SG on here, understandably to be fair but I just don't see an happy ending for SG here at S6 and expect him to leave the club sooner or later?

That's true, but I don't think the new owner would jeopardise his investment by keeping Gray on, just because he was under contract. Bearing in mind Mr Chansari has been running the show since January, he's had four months to assess the situation and make any changes he deemed necessary As for toeing the party line, most coaches in that situation would do the same, in fact Gray was constantly doing it under Mandaric.

Nixon is again saying that things aren't looking good for Gray. Being kept in the dark and treated with a lack of respect.

Sounds to me like he's on his way. Maybe the BIG manager rumour is true.

If true, shouldn't all this have been done before now? Any new man would not have had time to assess the players, which ones he wanted to keep and so on It wouldn't make sense to do this now, unless, suddenly an amazing candidate has come on the market

If true, shouldn't all this have been done before now? Any new man would not have had time to assess the players, which ones he wanted to keep and so on It wouldn't make sense to do this now, unless, suddenly an amazing candidate has come on the market

This. That blokes stirring the pot I reckon.

Maybe it's the committee working on player recruitment on the QT and we're waiting for the said manager to become available.