Goodbye Mr Gray?

I suppose if we are going to get rid of him, this is the time to do it, give the new coach time to make signings and learn the new squad.

Personally I remain opposed to getting rid of Gray, he can still take us further and continuity is highly under-rated in football imo.

I suppose if we are going to get rid of him, this is the time to do it, give the new coach time to make signings and learn the new squad.

Personally I remain opposed to getting rid of Gray, he can still take us further and continuity is highly under-rated in football imo.

He is under rated for a reason,because he isn't up to the job as our home form would tell you.

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

He is under rated for a reason,because he isn't up to the job as our home form would tell you.

Its true if mr chansiri is serious about taking us to the next level we have to be ruthless

Slightly disappointing understanding of the word 'under-rated' going on here.

I don't think Gray deserves to be sacked but at the same time I think there are better managers out there. You have to take risks, and for every Alex Neil there's, well, there's a David Weir.

Cant see Gray going if I'm honest.  

If anything continuity with Gray at the helm is the way forward. 

But how on earth could gray persuade pogba and lewandowski to come? lol

Maybe Gray could be kept on in some capacity? Depending upon who is appointed and whether or not Gray would be not against being moved back as a coach instead of being head coach?

Gray has done well for us, its debatable whether or not he could turn us into a realistic promotion candidate and whether or not he could attract and bring in the players we need.

If it is true, he should be respected for the very good job he did in turning us around after Dave Jones made a mess of the promotion squad.

Last season he made us defensively strong, defensively we were top 6 material but attacking wise we were a long way off and looked more like a relegation side going forwards as a team.

That said in his defence he did make us play some attacking and entertaining stuff when we had promotion caliber attacking options on loan after he took over from Dave Jones the season before last but this season we just didn't have the attacking players to push on and get nearer the play-off's. All in all he's done a very good job on a shoestring budget and he deserves respect and hopefully if possible he should be kept on, if not then we should wish him the best for the future.

Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko 48m

BREAKING: See Who your BF/GF has been texting; this is going to break so many people up

Here  pic.twitter.com/HXLd56577676082yb
Edited by mrgund

Apparently we're looking at a foreign coach and Gray's future is in doubt.

Source- reluctantnicko on twitter. Mirror journalist who is usually spot on with transfer deals and what not.

Interesting.

Not interesting, just bullshit...

Interesting.

I don't think Gray is the man to take us to the next level.

It'd be great to keep him on as a coach but I really can't see him turning us into a promotion candidate.

Spot on, done a great job and massively over achieved but deffo not the manager to lead us to a promotion charge

He is easily one of our best managers of recent history.

with us now being rich can we find a way to keep him, otherwise he will be snapped up by another championship club and is guaranteed to get six points from us.

5 home wins would.

A fair point but the final league position shows imo that our home form was an aberration - regression to the mean alone would see a boost in our home form next year, not to mention the addition of more attack-minded players who can take the game by the scruff of the neck and a new pitch that actually enables us to get the ball down on the floor instead of hoofing it three feet over Nuhiu's head. I'd at least give him a chance, it would seem hugely unfair to sack our manager after our most successful season in years.