Goodbye Mr Gray?

Gray not deserving to lose his job, and whether he is the best man to take the club forward are 2 very different points. I'd argue he's done a good job, but he isn't the man to be at the helm in this new era.

Fair points but I'd argue that Gray might well be the man to continue his good work. I see no reason why he can't do as well with better players as he has done with our current and recent past players.

Why would any successful business man pay 37 million pounds for a club losing over 5 million a year and try and do it on the cheap?

It's not like we are in the PL where some owners are content to line their own pockets with the TV money.

To suggest Mr C is going to do this is nothing short of WUMonomics or pork talk.

How much was paid for Reading or Forest or.... Any of the other clubs bought by richer people than Mr C, if it was just about money we would be further down the queue than where we are now surely, there's a lot of big hitters in the Championship..

Fair points but I'd argue that Gray might well be the man to continue his good work. I see no reason why he can't do as well with better players as he has done with our current and recent past players.

Agreed, he did OK when Wicham was here and we didn't have Westwood or Lees then..

Give him a chance, give him the players !

How much was paid for Reading or Forest or.... Any of the other clubs bought by richer people than Mr C, if it was just about money we would be further down the queue than where we are now surely, there's a lot of big hitters in the Championship..

This.

No one buys a club and just accepts stagnation. Add to the fact there are a LOT of clubs on parachute money its an achievement to even get in the top half of the league for most.

Lets hope we find the right formula.

Dont forget Uniteds latest owners promised the world and have the money to back it up and look whats happened

My main concern would be if Glenn Roeder advises Chansiri into bringing in some lower league average coach like Russell Slade who he advised Tan to bring in at Cardiff.  WTF:

Hopefully Chansiri has his own man in mind or some of the other committee members have more of a clue about who or what we need.  :ph34r:

Good point. Roeder and his input are a massive worry for me.

if he gets the players we need (as he had when we thrashed Leeds) then he has proven he can be an agressive attacking coach.

Time will tell

Exactly my point earlier. When we had the goal scorers we had the goals against l**ds etc. This season we had the goal stoppers and the other teams didn't get the goals. Put the two together next season and we could be in with a very good chance. 

What else can you ask for from your head coach, he's got it all!

:stuwinky:

This.

No one buys a club and just accepts stagnation. Add to the fact there are a LOT of clubs on parachute money its an achievement to even get in the top half of the league for most.

Lets hope we find the right formula.

Dont forget Uniteds latest owners promised the world and have the money to back it up and look whats happened

We are spending £1m on a pitch and screen...not a bad start

lets be fair thats playing catchup with most other Championship teams in terms of pitch etc.

Point being Chansiri is spending the dosh. MM wouldn't have.

He quickly put the new pitch in motion and screen. I don't understand why some people think he will

now go all cheap when it comes to players. Doesn't make sense

Using a well proven mathematical formula based on:-

2 x players signed in summer 2014 = 3 place rise in table

This summer:-

6 x players expected of similar/better quality = 3 x 3 place rise = 9 place rise

I confidently predict that a top 4 position will be achieved next season, using this proven formula.

6 x players expected of similar/better quality = 3 x 3 place rise = 9 place rise

I confidently predict that a top 4 position will be achieved next season, using this proven formula.

Six players better than what we have now, would put us there or thereabouts, with a further six promising youngsters brought into the development squad, who could genuinely be used as back up

Clearly factual based data at last...

I like your thinking !

lol

Hope you've used the right formulae tho'...

I don't think it makes any difference to Gray whether he is "Head Coach" or manager..I mean he sorted all the tactics out for the most part...Who helped?..Bullen?

So thats a moot point to all intents and purposes.

It all depends, in my opinion on what sort of control he is going to have...how much say he is going to have in player selection, and if Roeders with him..tactics...Choice between Gray and Roeder?..Gray for me.

I honestly can't believe an ex manager would not stick his nose in on a Saturday afternoon.

Unless there is a REAL big name in the offing, better the devil you know...

As for Trevs buts...couirse there are buts, and all fans are allowed to qualify their posts with them.

You can argue that Nuhiu and May missed sitters...You can't argue the football on display wouldn't have sent a glass eye to sleep...For every Nuhiu/May miss, there was a Westwood save or a Loovens/Lee tackle..you can't credit Gray for one and not blame him for the other.

So yea..I have my reservations because I know there are better managers/coaches...Whether Wednesday could attract them is doubtful...So theres my... but..and I make no apologies for sayin' it

It all depends, in my opinion on what sort of control he is going to have...how much say he is going to have in player selection, and if Roeders with him..tactics...Choice between Gray and Roeder?..Gray for me.

I honestly can't believe an ex manager would not stick his nose in on a Saturday afternoon.

I'd be surprised if Roeder is even at many matches, so I wouldn't worry about that.  He pretty much said his job is to travel the world looking at players.  He has no managerial ambitions either, as he has said in numerous interviews (people put links up when we appointed him).

The Head Coach will pick the team and do the tactics, there will be no interference I'm fairly certain.  

I'd be surprised if Roeder is even at many matches, so I wouldn't worry about that.  He pretty much said his job is to travel the world looking at players.  He has no managerial ambitions either, as he has said in numerous interviews (people put links up when we appointed him).

The Head Coach will pick the team and do the tactics, there will be no interference I'm fairly certain.  

You might be right mate...I'm a sceptic...but I said when Chansiri took over that Grays job would be less secure...its wait and see time..