Hillsborough redevelopment

Hillsborough has character because it has four distinct stands.

I do think it needs a face lift though!

I hate these single tier bowls that appear everywhere now. I also dont like rounded corners.

If we were going to base hillsborough around any other stadium then i would base it around Signal Iduna Park.

For me, SI Park is the ultimate football ground. Exactly what we should be aiming for, obviously not as big (yet!) but four separate stands like this would show to the rest of England that soulless bowl aren't the way to go. Then, if needs must then we fill in the corners like so...

westfalenstadion5.jpg

37282_ori_westfalenstadion_signal_iduna_

Rebuild the Kop/West to use up all the space we currently own, build PROPER indoor fan areas/concourses etc. Need to get the balance between character and uniformity.

Guest chezzyowl61

I've been there what an atmosphere, all retained inside the stadium, with the Yellow wall being incredible, Bring back standing!!

Guest Grez Bez

Any acoustic/ sound experts on here?

What is the best shape for a roof? I'd hope if they ever rebuilt/ re-roofed the kop it would be based on acoustics

I'd love it to be a dark stand, they have so much more atmosphere. 

Any acoustic/ sound experts on here?

What is the best shape for a roof? I'd hope if they ever rebuilt/ re-roofed the kop it would be based on acoustics

I'd love it to be a dark stand, they have so much more atmosphere. 

Stands with 2 or 3 tiers definitely affects atmos, one tiered large stands like Dortmund's are the best thing. 

Spurs are building something similar I believe. 

Guest Grez Bez

Good point

I imagine a roof like the North rather than the south is also better, especially if it is steeply goes down to the pitch

Time to think outside the square. Pitch is at risk of flooding? Why not try a floating pitch.

387f3e4f-e1e5-4a04-9fa6-64bee9e6c2ba-102

ermagerdh. Somebody let Mr C know, they need to stop the new drainage works, we won't need them anymore.

We could have the F1 track that runs in front of the grandstand too

Would have been groundbreaking back in the 60s, but if we built that today it'd look like just another generic identikit stadium on the inside.

I like going to Hillsborough and seeing a different stand on all four sides, each with their own character.

Agreed.

Guest mkowl

That is simply amazing!

Could almost be the outdoor theatre in Scarborough - but the fact the sun is shining confirms it isn't

Guest Mathew Rodgers

It doesn't narrow it down I have just said I had the drawings for a new screen