Hillsborough redevelopment

Can anyone with decent Photoshop skills do a mock up of how the West Stand would look with the gradient of the lower tier raised to the same angle as the upper tier?

i.e. The back of the lower tier meets up with the front of the upper tier to make it a single tier stand.

Would make the stand look a lot better and would enable the stand to be segregated vertically so Wednesdayites could go on there.

Put a new North Stand style roof on the West too and it'd look fantastic

Can anyone with decent Photoshop skills do a mock up of how the West Stand would look with the gradient of the lower tier raised to the same angle as the upper tier?

i.e. The back of the lower tier meets up with the front of the upper tier to make it a single tier stand.

Would make the stand look a lot better and would enable the stand to be segregated vertically so Wednesdayites could go on there.

You can't just stick a cantilever roof on unfortunately.   I think it would have to be a 'goalpost' structure like the South stand  i.e. a girder over two large stanchions.

But it could do with reprofiling into one tier as you suggest.  Would certainly look sleeker and would give a better view from the bottom.

The before and after cross-sections of this idea -

Untitled.png

Would love to see a Photoshop wizard mock this up. North & West Stand roofs would just be touching.

Would look mint.

The before and after cross-sections of this idea -

Untitled.png

Would love to see a Photoshop wizard mock this up. North & West Stand roofs would just be touching.

Would look mint.

I'm at work right now so I can't spend time on this, but here's a really quick mockup of how the seating could look, and the pillars removed.

post-13668-0-68737300-1430828648.jpg

I'm at work right now so I can't spend time on this, but here's a really quick mockup of how the seating could look, and the pillars removed.

That looks good to me, Raise the roof and stick a line of exec boxes in then were all good plus loads of room below to develop.

The plot of land that wednesdsyite use for match day parking should be acquired by Swfc

It seems such a waste if it ends up been a car dealership etc

First I've heard about this, is this something that is happening seems such a waste surely using it as a car park brings in some serious revenue on match days.

Why is the North-West corner such a weird shape by the way, rather than having a level back row?

Is it because it was built around the old floodlight in that corner?

Was originally all terrace that continued onto Lepp Lower.

Always looked fine in those days and for some optical illusion reasons always looked bigger!

lep_mockup.jpg

like it...

you could wrap around the north stand too...

Edited by jamsandwich

Guest Deleted member

Quite beautiful

ZL7WNF0.jpg

OMG - now get some glass round the outside edge