Hillsborough redevelopment

think the world cup plans had the west stand as one didnt it.

Think SYP would pass out if that was ever done

Didn't the WC plan have the West Stand with some restaurants / classrooms at the back of the lower tier, where the wall is now?

Guest Deleted member

not sure what colour glass is (or how to show it on photoshop) lol

Get some murals up of Wednesday legends like Franny Jeffers then

The only downside with that is the truss supports running down each side of the South stand.

If we ever wanted to have all four corners filled in it would require a new roof being built over it.

Will have to build it like Sampadoria in those two corners.

Guest Deleted member

*wonders how long it will be before that picture gets out on social media as 'leaked blueprint' of Chansiris plan*

Will have to build it like Sampadoria in those two corners.

That would work - with bars etc in those sections

luigiferraris2.JPG

Edited by Deleted member

Would we start knocking stands down and reducing capacity during the only period when we are likely to come close to filling the stadium with our mythical, 40,000 every home match, Premiership crowds?

thinking more along the lines of we get promoted then relegated the next season. Not a happy thought but it happens.

Guest ka58

That is a Sunday league attitude if ever there was one.

Aye - all those Sunday league teams with 40k all seater stadiums?

Bar the examples of improvements I mentioned there's no reason to do anything at the moment.

If we were an established premier league team i could understand the arguments regarding better exec areas etc - even more seats if we were selling out every week - but we're not.

Unnecessary ground improvements now would achieve nothing really.

Guest Grez Bez

Hillsborough could (and should) be done up whilst keeping the traditional features 9 North stand roof/ Kop shame)

I'm all for corners but not if ie becomes a bowl, symmetry is bad in this context

It should be treated like a listed building being done up

Also, we should use ALL the space we can as we have a lot of it. Preferably with a walkway the whole way around telling the story of our history/ heritage. Embrace the history

post-22045-0-31494200-1430850297.png

Like the idea of the circular stadium on the existing footprint. That way you could also create an all encompassing concourse for the home fans at first floor level and stick the away fans in a corner accessed from the lower level with it's own facilities.

inverted corners looks kinda hostile, i like it, 

Prestons looks good, as does the photo above, am i right in thinking Gillingham have done it, at least in one corner anyway? looks smart also, prob the best way to truly Modernise a 4 stand ground....wait, ill find a pic of Gillinghams....