Hillsborough redevelopment

see the rich owners list in the other thread, only a faint whiff of mint really

Take another look at the table. Sure, we're not Man Citeh minted but, we aren't doing too badly at all. Anyway, it's all beside the point, as you can see from that table that the personal wealth of the owner(s) doesn't equate to success on the pitch.

be all and end all he is spending by doing things to the ground on top of his initial outlay  so i just can't see him stinting on the team  he wants premiership by our anniversary , now to say that on such a big year for us means to me he will go all out to get it but he has already said he will buy wisely so i think we will get quality but at the right price for us and him of course ,

Edited by trevdi9

be all and end all he is spending by doing things to the ground on top of his initial outlay  so i just can't see him stinting on the team  he wants premiership by our anniversary , now to say that on such a big year for us means to me he will go all out to get it but he has already said he will buy wisely so i think we will get quality but at the right price for us and him of course ,

You're right Trev. Wouldn't make sense to me to purchase for 30 odd million and then drop another 1-2 million on new staff and facilities upgrades and then spend nothing on the squad (especially after letting a large proportion of the current squad go). Really that would be madness.

Don't get me wrong, I don't see that as meaning we're going to spend mega-bucks (you don't always need to), but I would expect to be looking at minimum 8 new players coming in. That could easily cost as much as 5-8 million even with a fair whack of good quality Bosman's in the mix.

Having said that, if Mr C wants to spend big and can negotiate the FFP regulations then great. All I really want is for us to be competing at the top again, however we get there is largely a side issue so long as we act with integrity.

Don't believe everything you read in Daily Mail.

If there's and Express were right all time we'd have seen 3 months of non stop Snowing and 3 months in summer at over 100 degrees over past few years.

Ans a Labour government!

18 inch aldi special wasnt it? Or a cash converters 18inch?

A Darlington esq, None HD though.

The black plastic trim makes it 22inch they purchased it on Gumtree with a buy back option from the Darlington Company.

The weekly payment rate is £9.18 over 5 years due to it being a refurb

West Stand is dilapidated and needs knocking down. There is room behind to extend so if a decent 2 tier stand with exec boxes in the middle was built to replace it (capacity 10-11k) then once Prem money (hopefully) rolls in approx. 2 or 3 years from now then demolish Kop, level the hill and replace with a proper new structure. Home fans could temporarily be housed in new West Stand whilst Kop is rebuilt. North Stand although old is still functional but away and home ends need sorting first. Prior to this though money needs spending on the squad otherwise what are we building for?

West Stand is dilapidated and needs knocking down. There is room behind to extend so if a decent 2 tier stand with exec boxes in the middle was built to replace it (capacity 10-11k) then once Prem money (hopefully) rolls in approx. 2 or 3 years from now then demolish Kop, level the hill and replace with a proper new structure. Home fans could temporarily be housed in new West Stand whilst Kop is rebuilt. North Stand although old is still functional but away and home ends need sorting first. Prior to this though money needs spending on the squad otherwise what are we building for?

I like this.

As for the North, In my opinion it is a thing of beauty, and just needs a similar type extension at the back, for new concourse and corporate facilities.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Demolish the Kop??? Are you joking ? it's the last proper Kop in this country...we need to preserve it's shape but build around it...it's unique

I would like to see the Kop rebuilt in a similar style to the existing one but by demolishing the hill and building a new structure it would give a clear view for all without the pillars plus the room underneath the new structure would be created which could house refreshment/ rest areas, toilets and perhaps other modern facilities such as a media centre or new shop/ticket office. If later improvements were made to rear of North Stand then existing shop/ ticket office may have to be relocated anyway.