Hillsborough redevelopment

Think we'll be getting the electronic advert boards?

I hope not. There was a game at Wembley I was watching a couple of months back (probably the League Cup Final) and the Nike advert they were showing around the pitch was just ridiculous.

Obviously adverts are supposed to be distracting by design, but that particular one was borderline seizure inducing.

But if they can generate the extra funds to sign Rhodes I might reconsider :stuwinky:  

I hope not. There was a game at Wembley I was watching a couple of months back (probably the League Cup Final) and the Nike advert they were showing around the pitch was just ridiculous.

Obviously adverts are supposed to be distracting by design, but that particular one was borderline seizure inducing.

But if they can generate the extra funds to sign Rhodes I might reconsider :stuwinky:

I think that is the general consensus however big companies like them and pay good money for the space because they can do more and are changeable for their latest product.

They are a minimum requirement for the BPL I believe, might be wrong. If the money's right and it's worth it get it done now! Change is like pulling a plaster lol

What we need is a HUGE car park with room for Hummers, Bentleys, etc. and a ground that has unimaginably luxurious accommodation for only 500 billionaires and their prostitutes. Why buck the trend?

FFS Tear down the stands and go for German style "safe standing" and get 60,0000 in who will pay £8 each and get to the ground by tram, bus or on foot. Give the game back to the people!

Demolish the Kop??? Are you joking ? it's the last proper Kop in this country...we need to preserve it's shape but build around it...it's unique

You;re right. OwlsDroppings is being true to his name here. Some (many) things are more important than mere utility. Our kop is a bit like The Colosseum (not joking) and needs to have a preservation order slapped on it asap. Nearly every great edifice that comes under threat of redevelopment only gets protection in a state of panic when people realise what is about to happen. I think the time to act is now, to pre-empt any "improvements" that would steal away our identity. How do you go about doing this?

I agree with VictoryBell that some things are more important than mere utility but the post is about Hillsborough redevelopment not squad improvements or turning the stadium into some sort of museum. I don't remember Bloomfield Road getting many plaudits for it's character before they decided to demolish and rebuild it and Blackpool had a great team once too!

Guest Deleted member

You;re right. OwlsDroppings is being true to his name here. Some (many) things are more important than mere utility. Our kop is a bit like The Colosseum (not joking) and needs to have a preservation order slapped on it asap. Nearly every great edifice that comes under threat of redevelopment only gets protection in a state of panic when people realise what is about to happen. I think the time to act is now, to pre-empt any "improvements" that would steal away our identity. How do you go about doing this?

Sentimental rubbish

What we need is a HUGE car park with room for Hummers, Bentleys, etc. and a ground that has unimaginably luxurious accommodation for only 500 billionaires and their prostitutes. Why buck the trend?

FFS Tear down the stands and go for German style "safe standing" and get 60,0000 in who will pay £8 each and get to the ground by tram, bus or on foot. Give the game back to the people!

That would be great but, unfortunately, we may struggle to do that now as we live in a Sky Sports "feet up on the sofa" Premier League obsessed football era.