Hillsborough redevelopment

Guest Deleted member

It was too bitty.

Would be much better to take west stand and kop to the floor and start again, take the north stand backwards (as was planned) and build completely new.

You could then create a perfect oval, maybe completely out of glass, utilising the glass (like at Wembley) to display huge footage of Wednesday legends.

Think big.

Those stadium plans were big, but not ambitious enough

Generally agree with Nigel. Just removing pillars from the kop isn't far enough. Needs knocking down and building again.

Those plans were a means of getting the whole ground up to the minimum level of being a World Cup venue. That's not an issue now so would prefer to get one stand right at a time rather than papering over all the cracks.

Guest ben29

Must admit it would be nice......

.... To have an extra 6,000 empty seats every week. Just what we need lol

Guest sotonowl

So what was everyone's feelings about the changes that were proposed here ?

You've heard summat haven't you neil

I agree on the kop, the back of it is a complete let down, open to the elements nowhere to stand enjoy a beer and 6 million steps!

But to be honest to re-do the whole stadium as a nice complete oval would probably cost more than moving to a new ground, but let's not start on that one again!!

Guest ben29

Light bulbs need changing on the stadium control box first, lets get our priorities right shall we.

UTO's

Talking of light bulbs. Anyone know how they change the light bulbs on the kop roof?

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Was a magnificent use of the space, looked brilliant...

I was thrilled with it then and I still am,

The only view that looked a bit disjointed was from the air, and I'm sure not many of us would be flying our helicopters in to the matches.

Mines far too big to land anywhere locally anyway!

I'd be even MORE proud if our ground looked like that...

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

Loved it then and still do, though I must admit that the idea of demolishing the Kop and the West and rebuilding them from scratch excites me even more.

It was too bitty.

Would be much better to take west stand and kop to the floor and start again, take the north stand backwards (as was planned) and build completely new.

You could then create a perfect oval, maybe completely out of glass, utilising the glass (like at Wembley) to display huge footage of Wednesday legends.

Think big.

Those stadium plans were big, but not ambitious enough

..this...get a decent architect/design team in and do it properly so those that come after follow us and not the other way around...