Hillsborough redevelopment

If we built another stadium it would be out of town, probably out towards the M1 somewhere (don't know where) which would make sense because it would attract people from other towns who would find it easy to get to rather than plough through town to Hillsborough. Personally, I'd hate it if we left Hillsborough.

It would be fantastic if we could purchase Hillsborough Park and build a new ground with plenty of room for parking, shops etc.

If we built another stadium it would be out of town, probably out towards the M1 somewhere (don't know where) which would make sense because it would attract people from other towns who would find it easy to get to rather than plough through town to Hillsborough. Personally, I'd hate it if we left Hillsborough.

It would be fantastic if we could purchase Hillsborough Park and build a new ground with plenty of room for parking, shops etc.

... and then turn Hillsborough into a park, only smaller???

Still think it looks ok but I'd take it a step further:  Ditch the corners ...just don't like them - never have: Unless the whole stadium is the same and symmetrical  - then they don't work.

Kop needs renovating to bring some symmetry to it (probably a new roof which will cost a fair bit).

I'd make up the seats from the corner in a new Leppings Lane end (based the stand on ones the Villa Park ends).

Keep the other 2 x stands - they are fine (just tart them up).

By doing all this it will be fit for the 21st century, yet still retaining its individualistic character and feel

Fantastic! Can we have it now please Neil, I mean Mr C?

Solar panels on all suitable roof spaces, supplied and fitted for free in return for some advertising, and it'll pay for itself in a couple of years!

(OK, it may take a little bit longer, but Mr C's not too worried about that is he!)

Bringing the West Stand up to a decent standard means we can justifiably charge visiting supporters more which will also offset the costs.

No, no, Mr C; no need to pay me for the consultancy, you can have them on me. (I wouldn't say no to a free ST for life though if you're offering! :-)

Are you Sammy yu?

Guest ka58

Still think it looks ok but I'd take it a step further: Ditch the corners ...just don't like them - never have: Unless the whole stadium is the same and symmetrical - then they don't work.

Kop needs renovating to bring some symmetry to it (probably a new roof which will cost a fair bit).

I'd make up the seats from the corner in a new Leppings Lane end (based the stand on ones the Villa Park ends).

Keep the other 2 x stands - they are fine (just tart them up).

By doing all this it will be fit for the 21st century, yet still retaining its individualistic character and feel

Wouldn't that a just be a complete waste of time and money - what would that achieve?

At the end of the day we love playing with other peoples money, nothing significant will happen to our ground until we get promoted, then our owner will look at how if any the support changes for the better, some people are a tad deluded with the huge expectations on the crowds they think we would get back in the premiership, i would go to more matches as I'm a glory fan and its entertainment and I want to be entertained, not bored shitless, sorry I'm selfish :biggrin:

I don't expect my mum to get a bigger house unless she has more kids but i expect her to take pride in the one she has.

I agree a bit of dusting,polishing,painting and hoovering wouldn't go amiss as well as the new lawn,microwave,cladding and TV :biggrin:

I think cladding might be out of her range but yes my point exactly those who think Mr C should blow his wad on putting more seats for no one to sit on are crazy.

1963.jpg

This is the original model for Hillsborough based on Eric Taylors vision.

If you can imagine this, with the South Stand standing proud of it (as its higher), but with the Kop and West Stand taking on this look, with the backs of the above stands extended backwards to accomodate concourses, corners added in all four corners, the whole thing wrapped in glass...

THAT is a Hillsborough to be proud of.

Would have been groundbreaking back in the 60s, but if we built that today it'd look like just another generic identikit stadium on the inside.

I like going to Hillsborough and seeing a different stand on all four sides, each with their own character.

Guest ka58

I don't expect my mum to get a bigger house unless she has more kids but i expect her to take pride in the one she has.

There's taking pride and spunking money sticking cladding round the place for the sake of it (a la blades).

Nowt wrong with place - sort pitch, sort toilets, sort food - nowt else needs doing.

There's taking pride and spunking money sticking cladding round the place for the sake of it (a la blades).

Nowt wrong with place - sort pitch, sort toilets, sort food - nowt else needs doing.

Lucky that we had some more progressive thinkers than you back when Hillsborough was being developed into what it is today.

Wow, aren't we a fickle bunch. We've spent years arguing that our stadium is a proper ground with its 4 seperate stands and classic feel. We don't want one of those modern bowl identikit stadia. Now there's a sniff of a bit of money, ppl want to rip out stands left right and centre and bend the other stands round to make a bowl type stadia. Were we really just arguing cos we were skint and we thought improvements would never happen??

I'd love to see the World Cup plans seen through. Cosmetic surgery rather than amputation please

1963.jpg

This is the original model for Hillsborough based on Eric Taylors vision.

If you can imagine this, with the South Stand standing proud of it (as its higher), but with the Kop and West Stand taking on this look, with the backs of the above stands extended backwards to accomodate concourses, corners added in all four corners, the whole thing wrapped in glass...

THAT is a Hillsborough to be proud of.[/quote

This better than the World Cup plan video, no way.

Love the the World Cup plans and still do, would be proud to see hillsborough look like that one day. Just the kop hill/slope bit with the tree needs sorting into a bar area/fanzone with indoor /outdoor space were you could sit/stand and have a beer... Dec it out with wednesday memrobila/nostalgia.

I love our four stand layout, but no one can deny it needs an upgrade. 

I only ever go on the north. It's where my dad first bought my season ticket when I was about 8yrs old and I will always love it because of that. From the seats facing the pitch it's perfect. But the concourse needs to be twice the width with much better facilities. It was fine 20ys ago, but now it needs bringing up to date. 

I'm not going to get in to the catering dispute, but you need to make it a nice place for fans to be before the game & at half time. Get people spending money in the ground.

The south doesn't need much. The kop needs a new roof and no pillars. I've still to this day never sat on the west, but that needs work. I just don't want to see Hillsborough lose it's character. If we was going to go down the generic route we might as well move and that's the last thing I would want to see. 

Guest shakesby

That is a Sunday league attitude if ever there was one.