NEW PITCH MANIA!

Clearly these are playing surface adjustment cables so that when we play teams who like a large expansive area to play on, we just reduce the size of the pitch by turning on a large knurled screw somewhere, probably in Stu's office...I expect we have them running across the pitch too, that way we can adjust for both length and width ;)!

Largest knurled screw in the football league I heard

.........and continuing the saddo theme, once the pitch is down it would be good to have a worm's eye view of the grass beginning to grow.

Good idea, a camera strapped to the back of a worm so we can see it weaving in & out of the desso fibres & grass routes plus a gps transmitter so we can plot it's route. I'm sure Neil can sort it for us.

Is anybody thinking like me, if ya sit in the north or south, it's going to play havoc seeing the straight lines of the opposite stand perimeter walls and make my head/ eyes explode lol

I don't have ocd for straight lines honestly

no, they are making all the seats lean slightly to compensate so it will still appear slanted for you. Mr Chansiri thinks of everything.

Pitch of Champions

Just compared a before and after of this area of the pitch that's been raised and you can see the difference if you look at the ramp on the right. Looks they they've raised the height of the corner so the start of the ramp is further down.

Capture2.jpg

Capture.jpg

Just compared a before and after of this area of the pitch that's been raised and you can see the difference if you look at the ramp on the right. Looks they they've raised the height of the corner so the start of the ramp is further down.

Capture2.jpg

Capture.jpg

great spot.

if you look at the safety bars on the ramp on the north, i reckon they have taken 3 or maybe 4 posts out,

(also look at the gap between kop front rail & north ramp rail)

and its quite steep, i reckon its been raised about a foot and half in that corner, maybe even 2 foot. 

gonna have a reyt wicket on our hands.

Edited by GY-owl.4

It's gone a bit Dune, hasn't it?

attachicon.gifDune.png

Stop thinking in my head. All this talk of worms and sand, of course I was going to post one of these.

Maybe this explains the hike in ticket and box prices. Mr C has a spice "problem". On the plus side, we could be looking at the ability to fold space-time as an inclusion with all corporate memberships this season. Meh, might come in handy. You know, like if you forgot to pay the electrics on time.