NEW PITCH MANIA!

Stop thinking in my head. All this talk of worms and sand, of course I was going to post one of these.

Maybe this explains the hike in ticket and box prices. Mr C has a spice "problem". On the plus side, we could be looking at the ability to fold space-time as an inclusion with all corporate memberships this season. Meh, might come in handy. You know, like if you forgot to pay the electrics on time.

I reckon that Paul Atreides could come in handy on the touch line, too. He'd have a premonition of every opposition attack and could patrol the sidelines on the back of a giant sandworm, directing our players to head off every danger. If you thought our defending was impressive last season, just you wait!

It would also be a laugh to watch him disable the Baron Evans' anti-gravity suspensors, sending his immense frame crashing to the ground during the Rotherham match.

It's going to get even steeper in that corner, they've yet to build up the sand, plus there's a minimum of 20cm of soil needed for the desso injection.

Wouldn't be surprised if we have inflatable bumpers round the edge

On the desso site it says they seed the grass in sand enriched with compost. Doesn't say anything about soil. The sand they're banking up could be it.

Looking at those before and during photos - they have also filled in the gap in the Kop wall.

There is an access slope down to the Kop front from the back of the North Stand turnstiles on Penistone Road.

Presumably this slope will be filled up to make it shallower as the pitch level is raised.

Eye level in those kop seats right in the lower north corner will be at the players knee height.

Is that longley park , lol

I played in a cup game once against The Wisewood Inn.  Their pitch was next to the Wisewood/Loxley cemetery on the hillside going down into Loxley Valley. The slope felt like it was as steep as the one in that picture.  The pitch was "left to right" along the hillside and in perfect condition at the highest part of the slope but like a bog at the lowest point because that slope was so steep that gravity dictated that all of the play took place at the lowest part of the pitch.  I was playing right fullback. In the first half, I had possession of the ball more than I ever had before or since that game; I don't think I touched the ball once in the second half, I could have laid out a picnic blanket and had a nice snooze.   I'll never know how that pitch was sanctioned for association football.  It was the most bizarre game I have played in!  It probably wasn't as bad as I've made it out to be but the slope was quite steep. 

I wonder if that pitch is still there.  Can anyone help?