NEW PITCH MANIA!

That pitch on Wadsley common I played there too, also coincidently at right back too. 1964 or 65 against Enfield Amateur (Soon to become Darnall Horti) I was up against Ray McHale on the left wing, all we had to show at the end of the game was my broken ankle and the 14 goals we conceded. Going down hill we were 2 or 3 down due to long range efforts. The second half was an absolute avalanche though.

Back in 64 the only changing facility was a tiny wooden hut that everyone including the referee had to share, The nearest water was more than half a mile away.

Guest Boxing day

I sit 6 rows up on the Kop. Should I be concerned?

If the weather forecast says rain then yes!

Here, pitch expert and site manager Nick Danvers explains the processes and work that took place during the fourth week.

He said: “In the week four video, you will see us installing the grit banding system which is a trench at approximately 150 mil deep, filled with 62 mil of gravel.

“This interlocks the lateral drainage, which was done in week two and provides an excellent drainage system.

I thought a mil was 1/1000th of an inch. They've not dug those trenches very deep. :biggrin:

Here, pitch expert and site manager Nick Danvers explains the processes and work that took place during the fourth week.

He said: “In the week four video, you will see us installing the grit banding system which is a trench at approximately 150 mil deep, filled with 62 mil of gravel.

“This interlocks the lateral drainage, which was done in week two and provides an excellent drainage system.

I thought a mil was 1/1000th of an inch. They've not dug those trenches very deep. :biggrin:

He means miles not millis!

I recently started doing a bit of PCB design and this caused me no end of headaches with all the measurements being in mils. I had no idea they were related to inches, I'd always assumed it was just shorthand for millimetres. 

A mil is 1/1000th of a metre. So 150 mil is about 6 inches.