Takeover...

It can't come soon enough.

It's about time we fixed up the pitch; fixed up the stadium, brought in a DOF, backed Gray with some attacking players.

Despite all that, Gray has somehow got us into the top ten with one of the lowest budgets in the division and with attackers that aren't good enough for this division.

I don't know how true this is but the guy that sits next to me on the kop said that his mate (I know) works for a solicitors who are dealing with the legal documentation regarding the takeover and he recons it should all be tied up Thursday or Friday.

post-445-0-17714700-1422214772.png

I don't know how true this is but the guy that sits next to me on the kop said that his mate (I know) works for a solicitors who are dealing with the legal documentation regarding the takeover and he recons it should all be tied up Thursday or Friday.

I doubt they would use a Sheffield based firm, for this exact reason.

Plus, if his mates been flapping his mouth, he risks being sacked. Client Confidentiality is taken very seriously in the legal world.

I'm not sure the last 2 home games will have put em off. We were close to getting a point, if not 3 against Bolton. Dodgy decision and a lapse early doors. Last night I didnt go but by all accounts we were solid but just lacked a creative spark and the finish. Any group who take over want an easy 'win' with supporters early on in their tenure, a striker and attacking midfielder signed does the job there as well as on the pitch.

We need some investment to push on to the next level. Stu has got us this far but we've hit the glass ceiling.

My prediction is that it won't happen til after the window is shut still. Said it when the news first broke and haven't seen or heard anything to make me think otherwise. I'm still 50/50 on whether it'll happen anyway. There's a huge part of me that just can't get excited about it. (yes I know that sounds dodgy)

SG must believe it's almost done because he keeps mentioning players he wants when the takeover goes through - the window shuts next Monday so I assume it will be done in the next few days?

Yup, in his latest interview he again talks about when, not if, the takeover happens.

And as for comments above re the players currently at Hillsborough, I am 100% convinced that Gray knows what to do In terms of who to offload / who to bring in, to make us promotion candidates.