Takeover...

The shares don't have any value unless there is a buyer, at least down the line. For instance, the seller may value them at X now, but at less than X when they are desparate to sell in the future.

What IF agreement has been reached but it falls through.The converted loans wouldn't be secured against the stadium, they wouldn't be getting interest, they would increase or decrease in value according to the value of the club. The loan holders could finish up a lot worse off. If they finished up a lot better off, than MM would have lost out by converting the loans.

Finally you last sentence assumes that negotiation has already taken place to convert the loans. Just doesn't stack up that this would save time or overheads, in fact it would waste them, not least on lawyers, etc etc.

It's simply not plausible, unlike those explanations put forward by alleycat and mkowls.

I said it was only a theory!!

These are not shares in the usual understanding as the principle owner sets their value which (for the purpose of a buyout) stays the same. If loan interest was in place this could be linked to that value if the takeover collapsed or became protracted. Unless interest is paid annually by separate agreement.

Only saying that this may have been a short term arrangement due to the deal going through soon. Theory nor ITK. 

Excuse me for dropping into this discussion on the 42nd page, I may be completely out of the loop...

But I would guess that SWFC Ltd made losses of more than the allowed £3m in the 13/14 season, and MM had to cover the shortfall, which under the Championship FFP rules must be done with equity investment and not loans.

Losses for 12/13 season were about £3.7m (although acceptable losses were £4m that season). Assuming Wednesday made roughly the same losses in 13/14, an equity investment of c. £800k fits perfectly.

The sanctions were handed out in December, so an equity investment in late November is the right timing.

Excuse me for dropping into this discussion on the 42nd page, I may be completely out of the loop...

But I would guess that SWFC Ltd made losses of more than the allowed £3m in the 13/14 season, and MM had to cover the shortfall, which under the Championship FFP rules must be done with equity investment and not loans.

Losses for 12/13 season were about £3.7m (although acceptable losses were £4m that season). Assuming Wednesday made roughly the same losses in 13/14, an equity investment of c. £800k fits perfectly.

The sanctions were handed out in December, so an equity investment in late November is the right timing.

Well this seems sensible.

And ruins our takeover thread.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BAN HIM

Guest conisbrough

The large number of shares created and timing is another indication that "something is happening". Would be surprised if we do not have new owner soon.

Alleycat's original reasons for issuing shares are accurate and point about conversion of loans to capital also relevant. The unusual number of shares is to ensure that when any payment handed over each of the parties receives appropriate share of funds.

Looks a done deal, and now probably awaiting football league ratification.

Looks like we got ourselves a sense-talker here, boys.

Makes sense.

Well that's the rumour/speculation/takeover/millions to spend moment done then.

Ta