Takeover...

Guest conisbrough

Just because a share has a nominal valuation of £1 does not mean that only £1 invested, In fact liable to be substantially more, For example we had only 1,000 £1 shares previously if valued club at £30,000,000 they are worth £30,000 each.  Hence link with 822,000 shares with equivalent amount of cash does not make sense.

More than likely increasing share capital so that loan holders can be given shares and receive capital to value of loan when sale done.

Just because a share has a nominal valuation of £1 does not mean that only £1 invested, In fact liable to be substantially more, For example we had only 1,000 £1 shares previously if valued club at £30,000,000 they are worth £30,000 each.  Hence link with 822,000 shares with equivalent amount of cash does not make sense.

More than likely increasing share capital so that loan holders can be given shares and receive capital to value of loan when sale done.

You can pay more than £1 for a share of £1 nominal value, but the filed SH01 (I downloaded it) says that the amount paid including any share premium was £822,000.

Guest totemowl

Just because a share has a nominal valuation of £1 does not mean that only £1 invested, In fact liable to be substantially more, For example we had only 1,000 £1 shares previously if valued club at £30,000,000 they are worth £30,000 each. Hence link with 822,000 shares with equivalent amount of cash does not make sense.

More than likely increasing share capital so that loan holders can be given shares and receive capital to value of loan when sale done.

No. More Less than likely...

There's a simple more sensible shortcut to that which saves time and money and a lot of messing about. Ie. Just give them the capital and interest on their loan when sale is done!

As has been stated, these shares could be to cover a new loan, but it doesn't make sense (at least to me) to convert existing loans.

all i know is we seem to be going around in circleswith this thread we can only guess (fun though it is) on what milan is doing or for what purpose,the story will unfold in due course whereas we will be told what the next step in the saga is ,

Edited by trevdi9

It's amazing how a lot of our fan base are desperate for a takeover to happen. To blindly jump on this bandwagon without any knowledge of who's involved and what it may entail for our club. We are the most stable we've been for decades, and there's a lot to be said for that.

The desperation to drink from the Premiership cup and become another also ran, at what price though?

Excuse me for dropping into this discussion on the 42nd page, I may be completely out of the loop...

But I would guess that SWFC Ltd made losses of more than the allowed £3m in the 13/14 season, and MM had to cover the shortfall, which under the Championship FFP rules must be done with equity investment and not loans.

Losses for 12/13 season were about £3.7m (although acceptable losses were £4m that season). Assuming Wednesday made roughly the same losses in 13/14, an equity investment of c. £800k fits perfectly.

The sanctions were handed out in December, so an equity investment in late November is the right timing.

Great point that - one i hadn't considered because the thinking gets skewed by the takeover talk and historical loans. You should post in the Boardroom section

It's amazing how a lot of our fan base are desperate for a takeover to happen. To blindly jump on this bandwagon without any knowledge of who's involved and what it may entail for our club. We are the most stable we've been for decades, and there's a lot to be said for that.

The desperation to drink from the Premiership cup and become another also ran, at what price though?

but Milan is selling, what we want has nowt to do with it, a takeover will happen, we will be sold, end of

Edited by scarboro-owl

Guest TommyTank

Free food, free ticket, free drinks, free hotel, probably a free flight. These lads know what they're doing.

Ha ha, surely not, surely such a good business man wouldnt do this to us again?

Free food, free ticket, free drinks, free hotel, probably a free flight. These lads know what they're doing.

Yeah, man. I bet everyone in Thailand is proper jealous of this scam they've got going on. I mean... free tickets to watch Sheffield Wednesday. SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY!