Takeover...

It certainly doesn't make sense that MM would issue new shares to a 3rd party for that sum

May well be that issued to UK Football Investments and then these have been lodged as security in an escrow account of sorts

Would that make sense as loan security? I.e. pay me back or I will take control of the club?

Thought the form said it was an issue to one shareholder?

Form does not specify who has been issued the shares, just the sum of shares issued

Would have to await the annual return in July to find out specifically to whom

Whilst the hypothesis of a loan repayment or wages payment is feasible as specified if these are to a 3rd party MM would already have given up control of the club.

I know it's all hypothetical but if we REALLY are in talks with someone and if they REALLY are at an advanced stage then I would have thought that MM would have been talking to them for at least a couple of months. At least.

These shares were issued on (I think) 28th November, therefore MM would have been in talks with them then.

Why would MM have been issuing new shares to pay off a loan or to pay for May or whatever.

It seems to have been hard enough for MM to get anyone interested in the club. Why would you make it more messy at a crucial time.

Got to think it's connected to a "takeover" or some form of substantial investment.

UK Football Investments had 1000 shares

MM will not have issued 822000 to a 3rd party giving UKFI less than 1% stake in the company

A takeover would ordinarily just be the purchase of the existing shares

It's Sunday night and most of us have jobs to do in the morning. We can't be up all night pressing refresh and speculating on this poo poo.

It was me, alright. I loaned the club 800 grand. The club have paid me back in shares. To be honest I'm stinking rich and don't need the money or the shares but Milan can roger right off if he's going to take the wee wee out of me.

It's Sunday night and most of us have jobs to do in the morning. We can't be up all night pressing refresh and speculating on this poo poo.

It was me, alright. I loaned the club 800 grand. The club have paid me back in shares. To be honest I'm stinking rich and don't need the money or the shares but Milan can roger right off if he's going to take the wee wee out of me.

Can't have a takeover this week not with ruddy tax returns to do

...why can't it be a method of funding the purchase of May? I seem to recall MM saying he sometimes has difficulties accessing funds in the UK...meh...whatever..all seems obvious to me.

Because giving someone £800,000 worth of shares in Wednesday means that Milan would no longer own the club?

I like May, but MM would have to flipping LOVE him to trade him for the entire club.