Takeover...

It's Sunday night and most of us have jobs to do in the morning. We can't be up all night pressing refresh and speculating on this poo poo.

It was me, alright. I loaned the club 800 grand. The club have paid me back in shares. To be honest I'm stinking rich and don't need the money or the shares but Milan can roger right off if he's going to take the wee wee out of me.

You own the club then.

Buy a striker ffs

we are losing £6m per annum according to MM. We were lent £2.5m in two separate loans in 2013. Why would MM issue shares for £800 odd thousand? Surely this is a temporary measure related to the consortium buy out not repaying the loan(s) unless there was some conditionality to pay back £800 or debt for equity swap by Nov 2014.

...no idea but I'm sure some financial wizard could explain how it can be used as a way of providing funds which are then paid back...but for me..£800.000 seems too much of a coincidence...nowt else.

*this is a generic reply to one and all...goodnight folks ... * lol

Edited by Freshfish

Why would MM fund via issue of new shares as opposed to group loans which has been the approach up to now

Got to realise this is about control of the company and MM would not give this up until he had the dosh

So if the company is worth £30m and we had 3rd party loans of £3m, converting those to shares should only give the loan holder 10% of the shares

Could he have issued the shares to his himself, as in UKFI

That is my gut feeling - the Thais may have put money into UKFI not SWFC

Thus UKFI still owns 100% of SWFC but there are different shareholders in UKFI

Or it may be to get around the remittance rules for Non Doms which might be financially punitive if funding via loans

Or it may be to get around the remittance rules for Non Doms which might be financially punitive if funding via loans

If the Thais have invested in UKFI - they're already the (part) owners?

Or Milan has put some shares on the table to buy?

So they could have owned a fair part of SWFC since November, hence the suggestion they paid January's wage bill

Or maybe the Thais haven't put money into anything? It's only rumours about them paying the wages etc and it's most likely not true.