Lewis McGugan Signs On Loan - OFFICIAL

Guest Deleted member

If he has 20 attempts and scores 1 that's a massive improvement on what we've got. Ours have 20 attempts and score none.

I can understand how frustrating it must be when you've got players who make clever runs and he takes a pot shot rather than playing them in but we don't have players who make those runs. If they ever did they've given up doing so a long time ago because nobody ever spotted them.

I'll reserve judgement, he might not be good enough for Watford but that doesn't mean he won't be good enough for us.

Him and Drenthe playing might make other teams a bit worried. More threat than we've had so far.

What a pleasure and a joy to come on here, after being offline in deepest darkest Norfolk, to find we did indeed sign McGugan, in spite of all the cynics on here. Well done Sheffield Wednesday. A striker of similar abilities, and we'll soon be back on track

Seen it every time he plays Daddy. 

One of ‘em goes in, ten of ‘em end up in Row Z.

You’ll see what I mean soon enough I shouldn’t wonder.

So specific examples then?

I need confirmation it is after 15 passes, from 30 yards and goes that distance wise..

Or in your determination to slag him you are talking hyperbole

Remember all the Leeds fans that slagged Lees off & laughed when we 'took him off their hands'

Remember the Sunderland fans & manager who rated Westwood below what they currently have.

The same Sunderland fans also question Wickham's work rate and 'play boy image'

We seem to do wonders with some players. A change of scenery & a point to prove could be just what LM needs to restart his career with a bang (and our season for that matter)

He has everything in his locker. It's just about finding the right fit for him. I hope we're that team.

Btw. I'm not doubting the Watford's fans analysis of McGugan's performances. But I say we can only judge him on his performances here.

Different teams can bring out the worst & best in the same player. 

Edited by FlyingOwl

this happens so many times when we get someone  - even  wickham was poo i think they said

as much as other fans' input is interesting -  not sure what would make me bother to say join coventry's board to slag off madine tho - strange 

Remember all the Leeds fans that slagged Lees off & laughed when we 'took him off their hands'

Remember the Sunderland fans & manager who rated Westwood below what they currently have.

We seem to do wonders with some players. A change of scenery & a point to prove could be just what LM needs to restart his career with a bang (and our season for that matter)

He has everything in his locker. It's just about finding the right fit for him. I hope we're that team.

Btw. I'm not doubting the Watford's fans analysis of McGugan's performances. But I say we can only judge him on his performances here.

Completely agree, well put.

Talking to a forest fan at work, and he says he's talented but a reyt lazy so and so

As long as he scores I don't give a stuff.

We've got a team full of work horses with no end product.

I can handle one lazy poopydoo who still manages to run the show.

He was a cut above the rest when Watford battered us at home last season.

Where's his best position do you reckon Scram?

Am I right in assuming he can play either central, out wide (cutting inside) or just off the striker?

Fear that due to his attacking nature, whether Gray would be put off playing him in a two man 4-4-2 midfield pairing?

Would he fit into our current fairly rigid 4-4-2, or could we change our shape to fit him in?

I'd say he's fine centrally in a 2 or 3.

He's not gonna cover every blade of grass crunching into opponents - but he uses the ball well and creates/scores goals.

He's an excellent signing

Don't forget the Reading fans who said Drenthe was hopeless at championship level.

If he has 20 attempts and scores 1 that's a MASSIVE improvement on what we've got. Ours have 20 attempts and score none.

I can understand how frustrating it must be when you've got players who make clever runs and he takes a pot shot rather than playing them in but we don't have players who make those runs. If they ever did they've given up doing so a long time ago because nobody ever spotted them.

I'll reserve judgement, he might not be good enough for Watford but that doesn't mean he won't be good enough for us.

Him and Drenthe playing might make other teams a bit worried. More threat than we've had so far.

Domt know what you're on about, our striker haven't had 20 attempts between them this season