Lewis McGugan Signs On Loan - OFFICIAL

Guest Deleted member

Unfortunately Gray will play him off the front man, meaning that effectively, we still haven't signed a creative midfielder.

--------------------Westwood--------------------

Palmer--------lees--------loovens--------helan

McGuire-------lee---------semedo------magoma

-------------------mcgugan---------------------------

------------------------------may-----------------------

There is no way on this earth that Gray will risk playing him in a 4 in midfield. Gary's tactics will nullify any creativity that the kid brings.

A right lazy so and so but technically brilliant, at last someone who can take free kicks and corners.

What is really encouraging is that Watford dont want him and Lewis would welcome a move to be nearer

Nottingham, he spends most of his free time there.

Hope we get the best out of  him and then sign him permanently in January.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Great signing well done MM...

If he plays well for us I hope the Jan1st end of loan has options for us to sign him perm.

I'm looking foward to seeing him and Drenthe playing and worrying the opposition from midfield.

I'd play him drenthe lee maguire  in mdifield with Maguire and Drenthe wide and still play Nuhiu and May up front.

Drop Semedo and Mahagoma.

That would be a much more attacking and exciting side.

Looking forward to the weekend now.

probably unrealistic but I hope we have an option to buy if he's a success - which i think is a high possibility as he's been what we needed last 2 seasons

Milan promised before the season started that we wouldn't be over reliant on loan signings and if we did sign anyone on loan then a permanent transfer fee/deal would have been agreed prior to any loan starting so we wouldn't miss out/get priced out of any permanent deal if said loan was successful eg Marshall, Fryatt ect.

Then again he'll say anything to sell season tickets so wouldn't hold my breath.

So Neil sets up OT for people to express opinions then objects to those who express them.

I wasn't being particularly negative just pointing out that we have a short term solution to a long term problem.

I wish the Kid Luck but what a lot of pressure for someone who will be gone before the aroma of the Mince pies reach the dressing room.

As to what I should give over, Neil should be more specific bearing in mind I have nothing but the interests of SWFC at the top of my agenda.

Great signing well done MM...

If he plays well for us I hope the Jan1st end of loan has options for us to sign him perm.

I'm looking foward to seeing him and Drenthe playing and worrying the opposition from midfield.

I'd play him drenthe lee maguire in mdifield with Maguire and Drenthe wide and still play Nuhiu and May up front.

Drop Semedo and Mahagoma.

That would be a much more attacking and exciting side.

Looking forward to the weekend now.

Agree with that midfield

That's a terrific signing, it'll solve our problem with atrocious set pieces, get some goals from midfield and stick a player in the middle of the park who's actually willing to DO something with it. I have every faith in Fatsack's judgement, but when you're watching Watford with players like Anya, Deeney, Vydra, Forestieri etc. you're going to notice the faults of someone like McGugan. He may not quite match up to the players in your midfield who are outstanding at this level, but trust me when I say McGugan, faults and all, is a massive step up from what we have right now. Players like Giles Coke wouldn't even make it into your reserves, yet him and others with similar talent/effort (*cough Maghoma *cough) have been playing meaningful roles for us this season. And like FlyingOwl said, a change of scene is sometimes all you need to shake things up, Stu is a terrific man-manager and seems to get the best out of players who were deemed surplus to requirements at other clubs, e.g. Lees, Wickham etc.

After reading through that sack the band thread  :duntmatter: , I completely forgot we brought a player in today.

Great signing.  

Talk about a derailment lol Trust us to sit there moaning for a midfielder to sign on loan then completely fail to notice because we're too busy arguing among ourselves. Same goes for the first 10 pages of this thread.

Cheerleader extrordinaire,duties include rolling over and lettin mm and pa tickle his belly

lol

It was a genuine question.

He almost seems to post official news/line lately and just wondered if he'd taken over the old Deejayone role.

(He already hates me, he's really gonna hate me for asking this now)

Edited by Mr Farrell