Lewis McGugan Signs On Loan - OFFICIAL

Guest Deleted member

Good player, don't know why he's available but I'll definately take him,

Wasn't sure why he moved from Forest either in a lateral move then. Might be some character issues and he doesn't seem the hardest working but definate quality on the ball and would improve us. He's worth the risk.

Specific examples of this?

Or are you just making stuff up with innacurate guff?

Seen it every time he plays Daddy. 

One of ‘em goes in, ten of ‘em end up in Row Z.

You’ll see what I mean soon enough I shouldn’t wonder.

You missed out some more cons about Lewis McBoooooooogan.

* Often wastes 15 passes of team mates' patient build up by blasting a shot 15 yards wide from 30 yards out.

* Superstar mentality and dislike of authority.  Sulked in response to discipline imposed by ex-manager.

* Not a team player.  Wants to do it all on his own.

* Lightweight

Yes, he scores goals at a fairly reasonable rate, but if he were half-decent he'd be making our (Watford's) team each week.  If he were full-decent he'd be in the premier.

I wouldn't get too excited.

Can believe some of those points, not sure I believe all though. But the fact is we aren't in position to sign any finished article right now.

We need a 'star' player who will excite the crowd so even if he makes some bad decisions he'll be cheered overall. Didn't realised he'd played so many games at this level, can't be a bad player to have made that many...

Question is wheres the best position to play him. Behind the striker? Know he's player on the wing in the past also, think he's best centrally but maybe not part of a 2.

All due respect but Leeds fans were telling us how shyite Tom Lees  was , when we signed him, and he turned out great. Sometimes players just fit and I hope LM is a fit for us.

Yeah - valid point.  Maybe he'll fit in and be a star for you. 

Don't get me wrong, he's not a terrible player.  He's got some ability. 

Problems as I see them are superstar attitude, trying to do too much on his own and blasting hopeful shots at the merest sniff of an opportunity - the majority of which go sailing high and wide.

If you can sort those out for us, we'll welcome him back in Jan.

He's a right sided midfielder - we've been playing him mainly on the right side of midfield in a 3-5-2.  

To save you reading through our board here's a compilation of comments:-

“90% hype, 10% delivery. He masquerades as this super dangerous player, without actually being very good.”

“Yes, we all know what he's got in his locker, but giving the team his very best is very, very rare. He plays for himself, always has done.”

“Can't tackle, can't pass, can't do anything really.   Massive **** who can **** off back to Nottingham for all I care. Waste of space.”

“His decision to shoot from 30 yards when he was off balance, closely marked and with Deeney & Fessi making runs was a shocking one.”

“McGugan had a complete season to prove himself... and didn't. Over the 40 something games he has consistently made the wrong decisions with the ball and contributed little when the opposition had it. The occasional worldy does not make up for it.”

“He's been afforded too much freedom, and as such ends up floating around like a terrible Ronaldo. He needs a manager and team that'll keep him disciplined and doing the dirty stuff in midfield.”

He's a right sided midfielder - we've been playing him mainly on the right side of midfield in a 3-5-2.  

So you mean in central midfield basically? The right side of a midfield 3 isn't on the wing, as you play that wingback system don't you.

I think we'll likely try him behind the striker at first, or on the right of a 4-4-2.

So you mean in central midfield basically? The right side of a midfield 3 isn't on the wing, as you play that wingback system don't you.

I think we'll likely try him behind the striker at first, or on the right of a 4-4-2.

Yep that's right - on the right side of midfield, not as a wingback! 

This fatsack character Is really tyring his hardest to tell us how crap he is.

I've got forest mates who love him, so I think il make my own mind up thanks

When we signed him, Forest fans told us exactly the same thing as I'm telling you now.

Technically very good

Excellent passer and set piece taker

Can take players on and is pretty robust - scores and creates goals

Don't expect too much from him defensively

Very good championship player

Where's his best position do you reckon Scram?

Am I right in assuming he can play either central, out wide (cutting inside) or just off the striker?

Fear that due to his attacking nature, whether Gray would be put off playing him in a two man 4-4-2 midfield pairing?

Would he fit into our current fairly rigid 4-4-2, or could we change our shape to fit him in?

To save you reading through our board here's a compilation of comments:-

“90% hype, 10% delivery. He masquerades as this super dangerous player, without actually being very good.”

“Yes, we all know what he's got in his locker, but giving the team his very best is very, very rare. He plays for himself, always has done.”

“Can't tackle, can't pass, can't do anything really.   MASSIVE **** who can **** off back to Nottingham for all I care. Waste of space.”

“His decision to shoot from 30 yards when he was off balance, closely marked and with Deeney & Fessi making runs was a shocking one.”

“McGugan had a complete season to prove himself... and didn't. Over the 40 something games he has consistently made the wrong decisions with the ball and contributed little when the opposition had it. The occasional worldy does not make up for it.”

“He's been afforded too much freedom, and as such ends up floating around like a terrible Ronaldo. He needs a manager and team that'll keep him disciplined and doing the dirty stuff in midfield.”

Your fans are pretty negative on a player who scored 11 from midfield.