Lewis McGugan Signs On Loan - OFFICIAL

Guest Deleted member

I must say I'm surprised and delighted with this capture. 

Despite it being another short-term loan, the positives I believe

far outweigh the negatives and it was about time Gray was backed for his efforts.

I hope we can if possible keep him longer and I hope this and other moves will help kick-start our season again.

McGugan is a quality player at this level, especially at Forest where he was class and he still scored plenty and contributed at Watford last season despite some criticisms from some of their fans.

The capture of McGugan even though it's another short-term fix is a much better addition than I thought we would make.

Let's hope we can get him happy and playing like he did last season and at Forest.

I dunno about anyone else but I think we might get the best out of him if we play him in behind the striker.

I am excited about the prospect of him and Maguire possibly in behind May or a new striker (someone like a Vaz Te?) in a more attacking and creative set up.

It's great to see some good and exciting news again and I am most glad for Stuart Gray as it was like he was facing a losing battle with his hands tied but hopefully it's the start of the level of backing he deserves and *fingers-crossed* the feel good factor of his caretaker reign last season and the start of this season will return.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

Not read through the thread but this is a cracking signing. Only fear is that we'll get stung in the arse yet again by getting him fit, scoring and playing well, only for someone else with money to go and buy him in January.

Well it's the only thing we can do, he was brilliant at Forest, not really sure what happened at Watford but it will be interesting to see how he gets on here.

Guest Deleted member

lol

It was a genuine question.7

He almost seems to post official news/line lately and just wondered if he'd taken over the old Deejayone role.

(He already hates me, he's really gonna hate me for asking this now)

I don't hate you?

I don't even dislike you

I don't know you. That would be stupid

Guest Deleted member

I'd play him drenthe lee maguire  in mdifield with Maguire and Drenthe wide and still play Nuhiu and May up front.

That would be a terrible midfield

There isn't a tackle anywhere amongst those players

Guest Deleted member

There isn't a goal anywhere in the midfield we have been playing.

Then replace Coke with McGugan. 

There'd be plenty of goals in the suggested midfield. Just not for us

Think I'd play him in maguires position for now and drop maguire.

Play Lee and Coke central. Maghoma on the left.

Macgugan might inspire Maghoma and Coke to express themselves a bit more. 

But the main thing is Lee playing ike he did in the last 15 minutes against rotherham. He completely changes they way the team plays- so infectious.

Guest Big Guns

But the main thing is Lee playing ike he did in the last 15 minutes against rotherham. He completely changes they way the team plays- so infectious.

no no no no no no no no no no no no hes got to be cm the creative spark surely

Guest Deleted member

Are you mad?

If McGugan isn't in central midfield providing creativity Gray deserves the sack!

drenthe/maghoma

mcgugan

semedo

lee

maguire

I could live with that - with may up front

Guest wilyfox

drenthe/maghoma

mcgugan

lee

semedo

maguire

Lee still has a groin problem - probably why he's been benched recently. I think it will be Semedo and McGugan together. Then I'd have Maguire and Drenthe out wide.