Good news Friday

Just posted it in another thread but i think it should be in here:-

Its not the takeovers off because to do that the day before the start of the season would make no sense.

I think its going to be the takeover is still on but MM is waiting to hear from the other side and if it does not happen soon he's going to gave it PUT UP OR SHUT UP and put i time limit on and go back to running the club like he as for the last 3 years until another buyer comes along.

We will be no wiser tomorrow then we are now. 

Same old same old Wednesday.

Just hope we have a few players in with the Antonio money, really like the look of Stevie May young and know where the net is.

We should call it MELTDOWN FRIDAY. Whatever happens tomorrow, a meltdown will occur:

Takeover completed - delirious meltdown.

Takeover off - suicidal meltdown.

Takeover delayed (another update due in 2 weeks) - British Standard Owlstalk meltdown.

Personally I think the following will happen:

MM will give HM a deadline of the end of the month (August) to sort things out otherwise MM will pull the plug. 

Win-win for MM. If takeover goes through, he gets his money, if it doesn't the transfer window will have closed (Sept 1) so doesn't have to buy large numbers of players and the loan window opens shortly after. Saves cash and goes into signing a couple of loan players.

Will be one small, permanent signing on Friday, just to smooth things over a little. 

Personally I think the following will happen:

MM will give HM a deadline of the end of the month (August) to sort things out otherwise MM will pull the plug.

Win-win for MM. If takeover goes through, he gets his money, if it doesn't the transfer window will have closed (Sept 1) so doesn't have to buy large numbers of players and the loan window opens shortly after. Saves cash and goes into signing a couple of loan players.

Will be one small, permanent signing on Friday, just to smooth things over a little.

Can't argue with that.

Just posted it in another thread but i think it should be in here:-

Its not the takeovers off because to do that the day before the start of the season would make no sense.

I think its going to be the takeover is still on but MM is waiting to hear from the other side and if it does not happen soon he's going to gave it PUT UP OR SHUT UP and put i time limit on and go back to running the club like he as for the last 3 years until another buyer comes along.

We will be no wiser tomorrow then we are now. 

Same old same old Wednesday.

Just hope we have a few players in with the Antonio money, really like the look of Stevie May young and know where the net is.

That all makes perfect sense to me.Surely you wouldn't announce that the takeover has collapsed the day before the season starts,would you ???.

My prediction is.

Takeover is on hold due to HM having issues with funds. MM will continue to run the club as normal and support his manager 100%.

No transfers to be announced today, we are tracking May but he has had other offers and we are waiting for him to make his mind up. Tardieu has agreed terms and passed medical,Gray was waiting for green light, he's now got it but it's still on hold for now.

Guest mkowl

I have got 10 days off work after today

oh and Happy Birthday Steel Owl - he's got the trestle tables at the ready lets just hope they can hold the weight of the candles

My prediction is.

Takeover is on hold due to HM having issues with funds. MM will continue to run the club as normal and support his manager 100%.

No transfers to be announced today, we are tracking May but he has had other offers and we are waiting for him to make his mind up. Tardieu has agreed terms and passed medical,Gray was waiting for green light, he's now got it but it's still on hold for now.

^^^ This!

You're writing the statement aren't you, just trying the first draft out on us?! ;)

Or on the flip side, they weren't misguided, and we end up like Lens, or worse, one of Milans other disasters Portsmouth.

Of course it could be a MASSIVE understanding, and we could be the next Leicester.

Either way, it requires clarity before the season starts and we need some players. Simple.

Portsmouth is the worry of many! MM has a chequered past and the blind trust people within our fanbase have is a tad naive.

Takeover situation is still ongoing, there may be some news next week.

Still actively trying to sign players, it's just a matter of getting them over the line.

Our new range of luggage is now available in the superstore, be careful though the wheels might fall off.