Madine Out - Confirmed

Guest _Ibbo_

There is no comparison between the 2 jailed sheffield footballers, break it down and change the characters to your own family, ones punched your brother and the other has raped your sister, now say they are crimes of a simmilar ilk. I hope gary comes out cleans his lifestyle up and makes a go of his career

Probably what Watford fans were saying when Troy Deeney was released.

I bet they celebrated like mad when he scored that goal against Leicester last year or even the other 50 he's scored for them.

If the football club wants to keep him and Gary Madine gets his head down (like Deeney) and Stuart Gray thinks there is a future for him around our first team squad then that is good enough for me.

this exactly..!!!!!

There is no comparison between the 2 jailed sheffield footballers, break it down and change the characters to your own family, ones punched your brother and the other has raped your sister, now say they are crimes of a simmilar ilk. I hope gary comes out cleans his lifestyle up and makes a go of his career

And one got longer in prison than the other because of the differing circumstances in the crime.

The argument is still exactly the same though. That apparently he's done his time and should allowed back to do his job..... 

I bet they celebrated like mad when he scored that goal against Leicester last year or even the other 50 he's scored for them.

If the football club wants to keep him and Gary Madine gets his head down (like Deeney) and Stuart Gray thinks there is a future for him around our first team squad then that is good enough for me.

Just what ive been saying all along. People seem to have forgot what happened with Deeney

^^^^^^^

Agree with all this.

Bang on the money.

Some of the reactions are mental. I missed the part where Gary Madine murdered someone?

Joe Mattock was also one a night out and punched someone is he a thug too?

If it was Reda, or Kirkland there wouldn't be a word said and everyone will be welcoming them back with open arms, it's because it's Gary Madine.

He wasn't the only player who either didn't perform or given a chance under DJ like some other players.

This will be Gary Madines last chance so it's up to him.

This ^^^^^^^^

Consistency is key here, I personally think what Mattock did was a lot worse however he's now a pretty solid left back for us and is seemingly trouble free now. He took the chance we gave him and both the club and player have won. I can imagine the stick Madine got to make him react in at least one of the incidents. Hes done his time, now he deserves his second chance that's a large part of the prison process, reform. I just hope we don't see him in the Nursery Tavern knocking back tequilas anymore and instead knocking in some goals.

I never realized that we had so many completely tolerant, trouble-free, mistake-less fans at Wednesday. Which is strange considering how angry and abusive people get just on here when a player (lets say Madine for example) misses a sitter.

Good luck Madine, grab some goals, be a winner, take the chance..... there won't be a third one.

Some of the reactions are shocking on here.

He's had a few fights with people and been punished probaly rightly so as had a few chances to calm down before it got to this stage but how many people havent or dont no people that have got in to a few scrapes on nights out?

Also not matter what the victims mother may have told wolfmanjack no way will the 2 victims be totally innocent i'm certain he wont have just walked in a bar and cracked the 1st kid he clocked eye on for no reason what so ever so lets not go down the line of poor victims never did anything.

Done his time give him a few u21/behind closed doors games and see how he goes & we might have a tp class striker on our hands.

And one got longer in prison than the other because of the differing circumstances in the crime.

The argument is still exactly the same though. That apparently he's done his time and should allowed back to do his job.....

totally correct ramone, if the uk wants to have a system as we have once the crime has been payed for in the sentence handed out by a judge the person should have the option of a clean slate

He's had a few fights with people and been punished probaly rightly so as had a few chances to calm down before it got to this stage but how many people havent or dont no people that have got in to a few scrapes on nights out?

Also not matter what the victims mother may have told wolfmanjack no way will the 2 victims be totally innocent i'm certain he wont have just walked in a bar and cracked the 1st kid he clocked eye on for no reason what so ever so lets not go down the line of poor victims never did anything.

Done his time give him a few u21/behind closed doors games and see how he goes & we might have a tp class striker on our hands.

I've never been in a fight - your argument is flawed 

Is this the coops of RDSL Forum fame?

A number of players have made it clear how our recent run of form stems from the belief that SG has instilled in both individuals and the team as a collective. A belief that Gary hasn't experienced for a long time.  

He will be eager keen to impress and I sincerely hope that with a manager that believes in him he can become a useful player (see Chris Maguire). He wont set the Championship alight and bang in 15 before the end of the season but he may just pinch a few goals that will turn a few results in our favour.  

Good to have you back Gary...... keep your head down for a bit yeah?

He deserves a chance now to show that he's matured and ready to play football. Hopefully he will keep his head down and not waste away his talent..

However he might not be fit, sharp or ready for a little while, perhaps a month out on loan to a league one side would do him a world of good. 

Lets get a few little things right.

Here is a young boy (23 is young, I don't give a fig what anyone says , and in terms of responsibility I think that people are childlike for a lot longer these days than they used to be. But that is another debate for another page)

He's in a game where there is adulation. Where they are well paid. Spoilt almost. (yes even at this level) Where there are hangers on.Distractions.

A chap who clearly has a temper and in a profession where you are loved or hated, especially in society as it is now people are openly abused. Whether that be in person or via social media. The two were always going to come together at some stage.

Dour Jones, for all his faults used to bemoan, and rightly in my view, that players had too much interaction with the public and needed some distance from the public instead.

It's easy to say he shouldn't get involved. But kids like to be involved. They like to go out and about. They like to have the latest technology and do what their mates are doing.

It's human nature.

But a boy of that age needs some guidance. Some help.

It maybe that he comes from a roughhouse family. I don't know.

But what i do know is that when things came to a head, as it was obvious might happen given his nature, lifestyle and previous, he's committed a crime, and been punished for it.

Hopefully it is something he has learnt from.

Until such time as he does otherwise he deserves a chance.

As for the crime. Atrocious. No-one can condone violence.

But let us make this clear. He isn't in the same league as the obnoxious drunken murderer Hughes of West Brom. Who ran from the scene when people were struggling for life.

This is a young, rough, misguided boy in a lifestyle most people cannot imagine who has lost his temper (more than once and lashed out) and been punished for it.

I hope he has learnt. I hope he drops the hangers on. I hope he seeks the right sort of role models.

I hope that he decides to spend his evenings attending anger management classes rather than out on the lash.

Whether that be with Sheffield Wednesday or anyone else.

If he does do it here then he should be given support.

If he ***** up again. Then the club have to let him go.

Edited by Lord Snooty