Madine Out - Confirmed

Guest _Ibbo_

I don't think we should loan him out.

I agree with the post above about Gray and the belief and positivity around the team. That's been an integral part of our turn around and it's something Gary could/would be a huge benefeciery of.

He needs to be training with the team and in and around the club now. Get him back involved with Sheffield Wednesday, not some lower league team. We can assess him in training, closed doors games, the U21's and a re-introduction of first team football.

Mattock actually punched a women so in the majority of peoples opinions this is much worse than what Madine did.

People have fights down town all the time, it's only do gooders that say sack him and who gives a sh*t if its not what this family club needs.

Give him a chance if it doesn't work out then the moaners can have their "I told you so moment"

He got sent down because of repeated violent conduct, it wasn't a one off. He had plenty of history for it in Carlisle, didn't he beat up a barman there?

He has a bad attitude, and we currently have a good team spirit, why spoil that?

If Madine played for the pigs, and he had just been released and was set to return to Bramall Lane, this board would be full of hatred towards him - calling him a piggy thug and saying that we wouldn't want him anywhere near the club if he played for us.

Take off the Blue and White tinted spectacles, he is the last thing we need. We are going to have shedloads of bad publicity in the next few months with all the Hillsborough bobbar - we don't need to add to it.

And one got longer in prison than the other because of the differing circumstances in the crime.

The argument is still exactly the same though. That apparently he's done his time and should allowed back to do his job..... 

100% agree with your logic. Neither crime is acceptable with the sentencing reflecting the degree of seriousness.

As already acknowledged earlier we differ in post release repercussions in general though.

Edited by Dagmeister

He scored at home, he scored at the Lane

He made his debut at Orient away

He met Chelsea Fergo and he got laid

But what he likes most is chinning a blade

chinning a blade chinning a blade

What he likes most is chinning a blade

All the do gooders need to get a life too.

Edited by SWFC_Liam

He got sent down because of repeated violent conduct, it wasn't a one off. He had plenty of history for it in Carlisle, didn't he beat up a barman there?

He has a bad attitude, and we currently have a good team spirit, why spoil that?

If Madine played for the pigs, and he had just been released and was set to return to Bramall Lane, this board would be full of hatred towards him - calling him a piggy thug and saying that we wouldn't want him anywhere near the club if he played for us.

Take off the Blue and White tinted spectacles, he is the last thing we need. We are going to have shedloads of bad publicity in the next few months with all the Hillsborough bobbar - we don't need to add to it.

I have been an Owl for over 50 years and can honestly say (and this has been reflected on here recently) that I would hold exactly the same opinion if Madine had been a United player. My stance is to leave trial and punishment to the courts.

He has a bad attitude, and we currently have a good team spirit, why spoil that?

There's an awful lot of projection and conjecture in this post.

And somehow finding a link between Gary Madine and the Hillsborough enquiry? Good one.

He's poo enough as it is good god what are people expecting, he's gonna come out and bang the goals in? lol lol

It seems like that, some people think he's going to be our saviour. 

I'm not arsed about what he did, I would have taken the likes of Marlon King a few years ago, as long as they score goals for us I don't care what kind of a person they are. But, Madine is not going to do that at this level, his game is far too weak and one dimensional for the Championship. 

Get rid, on the basis that he is not good enough, not because he has got a criminal record. 

Edited by Orlando_Trustful

Guest Boxing day

It's not for us to decide his future is it? If he plays for us again I'll be cheering him on like I do the others playing in a Wednesday shirt just like I did when he scored that header at bumhall lane.

I bet all of us at some point haven't agreed with a starting 11 but we still go and support our team.

He's done his time so let's keep it positive and get our club into the semi's against them scrubbers!

UTO FTB

Why is it so far fetched to think that he might come back, start enjoying his football again, and knock a good few goals in?

He did it under Megson, he stopped doing it under DJ.

Just look at the effect the change has had on Maghoma, Mattock and Lee.

He has ability, it's being a bellend that's holding him back.  I get the feeling that Gray is the sort of 'arm over shoulder' manager that would help him.