Madine Out - Confirmed

Guest _Ibbo_

He's served what the legal system see's as the correct amount of time. If he's willing to knuckle down and accept the second chance, they why shouldn't he get an opportunity? People have done far worse and rightly or wrongly been accepted back into football, Lee Hughes, Luke McCormick etc.

As for this level of football, he wasn't exactly given much of a run by Jones. He was superb against Charlton at home last season, only to be dropped for the next game. I'll judge him when he's had a run at this level, rather than on sub appearances and a start here and there.

The first game of last season at Derby The Builder left Madine out which after the season he had previously was a kick in the nuts and showed a lack of confidence in him. He then came on and set up the last minute equaliser for Reda.

The lad can finish and I've been watching football long enough to realise he's got a chance at this level if he gets on with his job.

+ his performance against Barnsley at Hillsborough must up there as one of the best by a Wednesday player last season.

Edited by BIG D

Stats from the start of last season up until the end of that December - (i've been kind in the time period of choosing these stats)

Derby (A) - 34 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Birmingham (H) - 29 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Milwall (H) - 58 mins - Start - 0 goals

Fulham (H) - 90 mins - Start - 1 goal (pen)

Palace (A) - 30 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Huddersfield (H) - 45 mins - Start - 0 goals

Southampton (A) - 90 mins - Start - 0 goals

Burnley (A) - 8 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Hull (H) - 25 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Leeds (H) - 7 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Blackburn (A) - 90 mins - Start - 0 goals

Ipswich (A) - 8 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Peterborough (H) - 22 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Middlesborough (A) - 90 mins - Start - 1 goal

Forest (A) - 90 mins - Start - 0 goals

Leicester (H) - 22 mins - Start - 0 goals

Cardiff (A) - 57 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Bristol City (H) - 90 mins - Start - 1 goal

Barnsley (A) - 57 mins - Start - 0 goals

Charlton (H) - 87 mins - Start - 0 goals

Huddersfield (A) - 25 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Plenty of opportunities there. Did nothing with them. 

Thoughts.....????

My thoughts are ..... moralistic differences of opinion aside, that I'd like to see if he's learned some lessons inside, if he can focus and work hard and if he can show the sort of improvement that others have shown under Gray's leadership.

Stats from the start of last season up until the end of that December - (i've been kind in the time period of choosing these stats)

Derby (A) - 34 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Birmingham (H) - 29 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Milwall (H) - 58 mins - Start - 0 goals

Fulham (H) - 90 mins - Start - 1 goal (pen)

Palace (A) - 30 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Huddersfield (H) - 45 mins - Start - 0 goals

Southampton (A) - 90 mins - Start - 0 goals

Burnley (A) - 8 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Hull (H) - 25 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Leeds (H) - 7 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Blackburn (A) - 90 mins - Start - 0 goals

Ipswich (A) - 8 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Peterborough (H) - 22 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Middlesborough (A) - 90 mins - Start - 1 goal

Forest (A) - 90 mins - Start - 0 goals

Leicester (H) - 22 mins - Start - 0 goals

Cardiff (A) - 57 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Bristol City (H) - 90 mins - Start - 1 goal

Barnsley (A) - 57 mins - Start - 0 goals

Charlton (H) - 87 mins - Start - 0 goals

Huddersfield (A) - 25 mins - Came on as sub - 0 goals

Plenty of opportunities there. Did nothing with them. 

Thoughts.....???? 

6 starts 3 goals

What are you on about? Your stats made you look daft because it shows if Madine starts he scores 1 in 2. Bet you're one of them do gooders.

Surely if you're following Owlstalk protocol; that should read "one of those members of the 'cult of do gooders'".

Edited by Dagmeister

What are you on about? Your stats made you look daft because it shows if Madine starts he scores 1 in 2. Bet you're one of them do gooders.

They didn't though did they - what they showed was:

1,054 minutes of football played - 3 goals scored. And as i said in my comment, this was taken from the first half of the season where he scored his 3 goals. I was being kind. I could have made it a whole lot worse and used different stats to substantiate my point further. But i didnt, i used the best stats available for Gary Madine, and what do you know, they're still as poor as poor can get. 

And please elaborate on your 'do-gooder' comment.... you've confused me as i only deal with intelligent debates....??? 

My thoughts are ..... moralistic differences of opinion aside, that I'd like to see if he's learned some lessons inside, if he can focus and work hard and if he can show the sort of improvement that others have shown under Gray's leadership.

Absolutely, hopefully he can.If lessons have been learnt, fair play. Like i said previously, i really hope i'm proven wrong

What are your thoughts on the stats I provided out of interest....? Good enough....? Cause to believe there is room for improvement....? 

Guest NottinghamshireOwl

Those stats say if he starts and plays 90min he scores a goal every other game

Or that he scores once every 351 minutes, depending how you look at it.

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

Its quite clear liam your like a happy clappy seal when it comes to madine, if he is our saviour or main striker it just shows how far weve fallen as a club! and to be classed as a goal machine is just embarrassing but hey he had a good game against barnsley last season. suppose ill be called a blade or a do gooder now tho

Madine needs to keep a low profile off the pitch and work very hard in training. If he can do so then there is every chance that he can re-vitalise his career and become a very important piece of SG's jigsaw puzzle.

You chaps do make me chuckle.

Stats are what you all choose to make them gentlemen.

Messi could play 1,000,000 minutes of football for Wednesday and never score a goal............ if you brought him on as sub for 30 seconds every week during injury time.

I think the basic point is that he wasn't rated by his manager.

Never got a run of games. (From starts.)

Knew he would be dropped again the following week if he did.

Was in a inept team, playing dull and negative tactics in a team with no morale.

I don't think he's top drawer.

But I think he's worth looking at over a period of games in a confident side, with an attack minded coach.

Edited by Lord Snooty

Guest NottinghamshireOwl

I think he should be given a chance. He has paid his debt to society, as such, and should be allowed another chance. He is on very thin ice though. 

And in regards to him being a bad role model, did none of you have ex-drug addicts or ex-alcoholics coming into school so you can learn from their mistakes? IF he sorts himself out from now on, I don't think he'd be regarded as a bad role model but someone who had problems with the law and managed to turn it around and become a successful member of society. 

From a purely footballing point of view - is he good enough? From what I've seen of him, I'm not overly optimistic but I'm happy for him to prove me wrong. As such.